Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 3rd Fullsize Bronco, and I can not figure out what is wrong with it. I have replaced the entire ignition system. It has a new coil. ignition module, pickup's, rotor button, dist cap, plugs and wires to solve this problem but still no luck. I will be driving along after driving 30 or so miles and it begins to act as if it is runing out of gas unitl it finally just dies. then no matter how much you try to start it it will not start. But if you let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes it will fire right back up again. then you may get across town before it does it again or maybe just a mile or so. I have checked the fuel pressure it is 35 psi with K/O test and Holds that pressure for at least 10 min or more. I have also replaced fuel filter. I know it has 2 fuel pumps one in the tank that pumps to 6 psi and one on the frame that pumps 35 to 45 psi. I was wondering if the tank pump is going out. But I always thought electric pumps just go out. Not come and go. Can any one help? My Bronco is a 1989 with the 351 eng, C-6 three speed Trans.
Thanks so much Jake

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
or possible the Hall effect sensor inside the dizzy. Mine would just randomly die like that when my was going bad even after it was a brand new part from autozone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts