Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted my problem a month ago fuel or electrical... im have idle problems.i put the truck in gear the rpm's drop low then pick back up. when i tap the gas to back up it stalls . i replaced the following.... tps,iac,iat,fpr,fuel filter,cap ,rotor,plugs and wires. the codes are koeo.. 33,65....koer..411,536,538.. abs litght blinkes the 33,65 codes the one i questioned was 536 which states "could not control low rpm range" the truck runs perfect,lots of power. the engine has a slight miss from idle to 1500 rpm's then it clears up... any answers???????

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
First, great you "searched" Second, don't just throw money at a problem until you know exactly what it is, as Steve83 states learn to diagnose first that's how we learn. :doh0715:

Cloud be IAC, there a number of threads on how to clean it first which is far less expensive then replacing it. Make sure you replace the gasket.

Once cleaned check your idle, you can re-set the idle by warming up the vehicle, shut off the motor and disconnect the IAC then fire it up and using the throttle body idle stop screw, check the tach and set idle according to your haynes manual then shut it motor off, re-connect IAC and the PCM will adjust after some driving time and you should be good to go.

This is supposed to be a Ford proceedure, my idle has never been better:chili:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some of the items were new when i got it. i'll disconnect the iac then set the idle . thanks..

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:doh0715

If the base idle adjust screw was never messed with, there is no reason it needs to be adjusted still.

look at fordfuelinjection.com, and lookup what the codes you pulled means, and post here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pull the connector off the iac,adjusted the idle. it was at 1000rpm,i adjusted it to 900. i notice the rpm drop alot more when i turn the wheel.could it be my power steering pump ,or my 35" mud tires? it still misses at idle,maybe vaccum leak?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i pulled codes 33,65 with the engine off. but these codes came through with the engine running but the abs light blinked these codes. the engine running codes were 411-could not control low rpm,536 was brake light{user error} and 538 overdrive switch{user error.}

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i pull the connector off the iac,adjusted the idle. it was at 1000rpm,i adjusted it to 900. i notice the rpm drop alot more when i turn the wheel.could it be my power steering pump ,or my 35" mud tires? it still misses at idle,maybe vaccum leak?
My book says code 411 is IAC could not control HIGH idle speed check.

I am new to this... but doesn't the IAC control air bypass by mechanically moving a cable or a butterfly or something? Perhaps the mechanical parts need to be cleaned with carb cleaner, and or lubricated?

Regarding a miss at idle (which is probably the lessor of your problems) it is probably also missing at higher RPMs, but is just not as noticable. You might want to check to make sure that all of your plug wires are fully seated. IF you didn't use dielectric grease on the boots, you may want to pull them one at a time, make sure there is no moisture in them, grease them, and reseat them. ALso check them at the cap.
joe

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
TPS- Throttle Position Sensor controls blade angle, some TPS sensors have adustable slots with screws where you can physcially adjust/move it using a multimeter for correct voltage setting (Haynes) for opening and closing. Some TPS only have the spring loaded ring in the center to engage the tages on the bottom of the TB shaft and the voltage is automatic, there is no setting adjustment. Here the mulitmeter would be used more for testing ohm resistance in the wires.

There are numerous threads on cleaing IAC but ONLY use TB cleaner, reg carb cleaner will damage the coating on the TB and make sure you replace the IAC gasket when cleaning, also be carefull to make sure the TB cleaner has evaporated otherwise you you could fry the solenoid when reconnecting.

Missing could be anything so trail & error and "search" for ideas and similarites is step by step.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok... do i have to pull the trottle body off again to adjust it? what should the meter be reading at idle?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
This thread has such suck in it, I'm not going to bother anymore.

93, there's a few threads around that should help you with your problem.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
93bauer:

No, but.............................................................:doh0715:

Use the "Force" and "search" for TPS & IAC threads, it's all there for you Brother!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok.. ive checked,tested and back probed everything i could.tps omhs are in range,it has 1.0volt at idle. the guestion i have is ..i removed the connector to the iac {which is new}while the truck was running and there was NO change iin idle.i have 14 volts at the connector.i tested the iac with a 9vot battery and it opened and closed. could i have a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
93Bauer,
I followed Bronco4Life's advice and checked the codes that you got at http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=47
I discoeverd that the codes you are reporting as KOEO 33,65 are actually KOER codes. ANd the meanings of the other codes that you gave are different from those posted on that site.
With all that being said, I have flashed codes, and had them done for me at autozone. IT is much easier at autozone. and it seems that your self test method is not accurate.
I recommend that you take your truck to autozone or other parts store that will check your codes for you, or get yourself a scanner. That way you will know that the codes you are working with are accurate.

Secondly, you ask could you have a vacuum leak?... The answer is yes. In fact before you run the rig to get the codes checked.. look for leaks and take care of them first.
Good luck
joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts