Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the last couple of days the check engine light flashes at me while im accelerating from a stop or while im driving, everytime i punch the gas down it flashes at me, what the hell could make it do this its makin me angry:banghead
oh and my bronc is an 88 with a 302 please helpppppppp!!! thanks

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
mine has been doing the same thing. It normaly happens from 2500 to 3000 rpms when i give it gas and occasionaly when i'm going down the highway at around 75mph. does your light flash to a certain pattern or is it pretty erratic, mines eratic. I also drive an 89 302 5spd. thanks for bringing it up man, hopefully both uf us will figure it out.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Have either one of you guys tried pulling the codes that are getting generated/stored when the light comes on?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
no, i haven't, thought about it but i can never get around to doing it. maybe sometime this week. I just kept thinking there was a short somewhere because the light flashes realy erraticly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine also is pretty eratic, sounds funny but usually when it is really cold out like sub 20's it seems to do it more, should probly just pull the codes and see whats up

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't believe that it matters if the light flashes intermittantly because the code behind the light blinking should be stored in the computer for later regurgitation to a reader.
For those with older OBD-I Broncos, the best combination of cheap and good is found in the Equus #3145 ODB-I code reader that can be had for under $30 at Amazon online or locally at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Money well spent that will pay you back many times over if you plan on doing your own service work.

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3145-Fo..._4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1297981430&sr=1-4

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EQU1/3145.oap?pt=N0664&ppt=C0103

·
Registered
382 Posts
pull the code, either get a reader, odbi are often cheap on amazon/summit, odb2 can be more but are nice(do any FSB have odb2?) with the code you can start to search for the fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts