Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... here is me rant!

When I got my truck the rad was leaking.... no big deal, so I replaced it. Then the timing cover gasket and lower intake manifold gasket started to leak soon after, so I replaced them... then the rad started leaking again, so I replaced it again. then the head gaskets started leaking, so I put an engine in it. Then my NEW water pump that I put on when I did the timing cover gasket started to leak, so I decided to put a 351W into the truck( got a good deal on an F150 with a 351W )... it was all good....

The W was fully rebuilt... then then lower intake gasket leaked.... so I replaced it again, then, yet another new water pump leaked, so I replaced it, and the next one leaked, so I replaced it... now that I had to do the water pump 3 times the timing cover gasket looks to be leaking again....

AHHHHHH.... its driving me nuts!!!! all this in like 6000 miles..... No hydrauliysis either... I checked.....

there is my rant... stupid bronco!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Three words:

THE RIGHT STUFF

http://www.neverseezproducts.com/gasketmake.htm

I've used this stuff MANY times and this is the absolute BEST vehicle sealant made today. I've NEVER had a leak when using this sealant. You can use it with gaskets, or you can just apply it directly to the part(s) without using any gaskets. It fills in all imperfections on the mating surfaces and is FAR SUPERIOR to any other sealants on the market. It states directly on the product that after applying the product, the part can be put to use in 5 minutes...

It's available in MANY automotive parts stores.

Try it, this may solve your repetative leak issues.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
if you keep going through water pumps check your fan clutch. that will di it everytime if it is bad.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I've never had that many leaks on anything no matter how much of a POS it was. I definitly agree on the fan clutch though, make sure it's not froze up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys..

Yes, I have heard of a torque wrench.. I have heard so much about them I own 3 nice snap on ones...

I put new rad caps on with every rad....

I was simply frustrated when I posted this the first time... The water pumps all had bad plates, causing them to leak between the pump/plate gasket.... I ended up switching brands and now its all fine... it was never leaking through the vent...

The original engine was a high milage pile of poop... It simply leaked from eveywhere...

My current engine has alluminum heads... and after 1000miles or so 2 corners of the intake started to seep... I have since re-tightened them with success....

I went through and looked today, snuged my water pump bolts, and cleaned it all off....

Antifreeze sucks :(

And I will 100% vouch for "the right stuff" that stuff will seal anything...

Im not looking for a solution... I was simply looking for an understading ear...

Cheers Guys!
Bob

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
MrBob said:
OK... here is me rant!

When I got my truck the rad was leaking.... no big deal, so I replaced it. Then the timing cover gasket and lower intake manifold gasket started to leak soon after, so I replaced them... then the rad started leaking again, so I replaced it again. then the head gaskets started leaking, so I put an engine in it. Then my NEW water pump that I put on when I did the timing cover gasket started to leak, so I decided to put a 351W into the truck( got a good deal on an F150 with a 351W )... it was all good....

The W was fully rebuilt... then then lower intake gasket leaked.... so I replaced it again, then, yet another new water pump leaked, so I replaced it, and the next one leaked, so I replaced it... now that I had to do the water pump 3 times the timing cover gasket looks to be leaking again....

AHHHHHH.... its driving me nuts!!!! all this in like 6000 miles..... No hydrauliysis either... I checked.....

there is my rant... stupid bronco!!!!!!!!!
..Bob with all due respect your truck looks like that, all that gear and you post that..?...smells like squid fishin to me.....

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
78CERBERUS said:
..Bob with all due respect your truck looks like that, all that gear and you post that..?...smells like squid fishin to me.....

WTF ARE YO TALKING ABOUT?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts