Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am in the middle of a head unit install and i dont know what to do about the memory. i did a search and couldnt really find what i was looking for. the head unit works fine, all the speakers will play i just dont have any memroy.
i wired the head unit's ground to the factory ground(red), the head unit's battery/power to the green and white wire which should be 12volt constant(i think), and then the accesory wire to the yellow and black wire which should be the accesory wire, then i have a blue wire left over on the head unit which i think should be the remote. (bought the cd player used no manual).
where am i going wrong at or what can i do so that i can have the memory.
need help fast, in the middle of install right now.
thanks

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
fatalbertswrx said:
where am i going wrong at or what can i do so that i can have the memory.
The head unit's battery/power to the green and white wire which should be 12volt constant(i think)
That's the problem. Need different power sorce for the battery/power wire

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
bad idea, 99% of the aftermarket radios use the memory wire to power the radio aswell.
The other wire simple tells it to turn on. The idea is t oconnect that memeory wire to a good clean power sorce like the battery. powering a 20amp draw radio on the cig lighter fuse/circuit might blow the fuse.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
he REALLY should go on-line for the answer. I'm 90% sure that what ever brand it is, has a web site, where you can download manuals and install directions.
Unfortunatly fullsizebronco is not a radio brand :D

EDIT: you should swap in a 20amp fuse for the cig lighter if you went that route. I think the horn is on the same circuit, so honking, pushing in the lighter, and cranking the stereo might make a quiet truck :goodfinge

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the radio has 5 wires besides the speaker wires, antenna(defenitely not it),
power(red), Ground(black), an accesory wire(yellow), and a blue wire (i have installed numerous radios and this one was always the remote wire) but with the bronco which is new to me it doesnt seem like that would serve any purpose except with an amp, or if like you say to run the power wire to the battery, or am i wrong and i should just shut up and run the power wire to the battery?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep! confused me too but the red wire in my truck is the ground and is the ground in a lot of other broncos too(not sure if it is all models or not). i would have never known if it wasnt for this site.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k i'll be sure to check that tomorrow.

what is everyone else saying about running a wire straight to the battery about and how some had a problem getting memory too. How did you fix it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
How about running a wire to an open circuit in the fuse box itself.I know the box's in both my 88 and 89 have open power circuits.

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
fatalbertswrx said:
so does anybody have any other suggestions ??
yeah, get yourself a test light. this ain't that hard...one wire's ground, one wire's +constant, and one wire's +key on. Blue's your remote turn on lead, and i figure the last one's for the display (dim's with interior lights).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts