Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sound like I dumbass, I'm going to ask this anyways so flame away.

How much oil will I lose removing my filter without draining my oil?

I'm running a remote filter with an anti drainback but the adapter is leaking at the O ring seal on the remote adapter on the block.

I only have 300 miles on an oil change and would rather not drain it all. I also don't want to wash my driveway with oil.

I hate the adapter I am using because it has an O ring that tends to leak but with the 460 conversion I haven't found a better one that allows directional manipulation along with an oil temp port. The adapter is a 2 piece which lets me spin it on and then adjust where the in\out oil ports point.

I wouldn't mind a different adapter but I still need a place to get accurate oil temp reading and I''m not going back to trying to stuff a stock filter in there.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
As long as you didn't just get done running it, then you should't worry about it much. If there is any that comes out, if at all, it should be very little.

KC

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Let the engine set a while if you just ran it, take it off and all that will come out will be in the filter already. I would say you only lose about a half a quart when you take the filter off. Start with that, then add a little more if necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.