Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my Bronco has developed a little "stumble" whenever I try to accelerate. It isn't real bad but it's driving me nuts. First off let me say it's not the MAP sensor, cat, plugs, wires, or distributor cap and rotor because all have been replaced. So yesterday I was underneath the Bronco when I noticed a hose on the fuel tank wasn't connected. It's the return line, but would this cause the stumble when I accelerate. I haven't run it yet since I hooked it back up.

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
did you hook the hose back up? if so did that fix the problem? you can also try and run seafoam through it do a search on here that may help you

·
Banned
38,721 Posts
GreenB said:
...let me say it's not the MAP sensor, cat, plugs, wires, or distributor cap and rotor because all have been replaced.
:histerica :lolup
Yeah, right. All new parts are perfect - couldn't possibly get a bad new anything.

Did you do ANY diagnosis, or have you just been throwing part$ at it?

GreenB said:
...a hose on the fuel tank wasn't connected. It's the return line...
So whenever the key is on, it's spewing gas out? I guess your mileage is roughly 0.04 MPG, right?

It's not the return line. What's it made of, how big is it, & where does it go?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your attempt at humor but the MAP sensor DID need replaced, the cat was replaced because the whole exhaust was replaced, and I put the new plugs and wires in because I had just bought the Bronco and the guy said they'd been in there quite awhile and threw in the distributor cap and rotor because I figured it would be a good idea while replacing the plugs and wires. No, hooking the hose back up didn't take the stumble away. I'm going to do a test on the TPS to see if that might be the trouble.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve83 said:
It's not the return line. What's it made of, how big is it, & where does it go?
Yeah it IS the return line, I think I know what one is thanks. As to where it goes I have a pretty good idea where I could put it.

:stupid

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
GreenB said:
Yeah it IS the return line, I think I know what one is thanks. As to where it goes I have a pretty good idea where I could put it.

It's not the return line. If it was it would be poring gas the entire time the truck was running.

On a recirculating EFI system all the gas that is blocked by the FPR is shunted back to the tank. So you would have a leak of about a gallon every 3 minuts.

It was probably the line to the charcole canister.

Did you ever check for codes?
It's free and easy.

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
GreenB said:

Another noob too dumb to listen to Steve the Bronco know it all dude.
Steve :twak GreenB

If the truck keeps stumbling check and see if it's shoe laces are tied tight and that the tires arent flat on the bottom

·
Registered
230 Posts
try the tfi module on the distributor. i've lost 2 just to humidity. kinda sounds like one of the symptoms.
does your tach ever jump when you turn the key to "on"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never said it was the fuel return line. It's the vapor return line. I don't mean to sound like an asshole but all I asked was a simple question and "Stevie" the wonder mechanic wants to look big in front of his internet buddies. To everyone who answered me without being an ass, thanks. One thing I've noticed while searching this site is that most people don't follow up and tell you what the problem turned out to be. LOL My buddy has a digital voltmeter and I'm going to check the TPS. Depending on how that checks out I'm going to Advance and have them try and get a code.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
GreenB said:

Whats that you say........?????

·
Banned
38,721 Posts
Vapor doesn't "return" anywhere, so one more time for those in the cheap seats:

It's NOT a return line. The only "return line" anywhere near the fuel tank is the FUEL return line.

So if I looked big, how do you look now? :scratchhe

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
Steve's huge he'll probably even be able to knock some sense into you over the internet, it's work on the last couple dozen noobs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve83 said:
Vapor doesn't "return" anywhere, so one more time for those in the cheap seats:

It's NOT a return line. The only "return line" anywhere near the fuel tank is the FUEL return line.

So if I looked big, how do you look now? :scratchhe

There is a rubber hose coming out of top of the fuel tank that connects to a metal line that runs along the passenger side. There are two lines coming out of the fuel tank that go along the driver side. That's the best I can explain it. :toothless Hooking it back up did nothing anyway so the point is moot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts