Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as I've never heard of it but did Mercury ever sell the Bronco branded differently? I know it's something that'd been done for years before as my parents owned a Merc Comet the same year out Neighbor had a Ford Maverick. Same car, same color, except we had 4 tail lights and that God awful padded white roof.

I've never seen a Mercury Bronco and I'm pretty sure they probably never existed but Just wanted to ask.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Just wondering as I've never heard of it but did Mercury ever sell the Bronco branded differently? I know it's something that'd been done for years before as my parents owned a Merc Comet the same year out Neighbor had a Ford Maverick. Same car, same color, except we had 4 tail lights and that God awful padded white roof.

I've never seen a Mercury Bronco and I'm pretty sure they probably never existed but Just wanted to ask.
Not Mercury but it shares some stuff with a Mitsubishi. (If I can remember correctly)

EDIT: Yeah, some shared Transmissions or something...

·
ford freak
731 Posts
Not Mercury but it shares some stuff with a Mitsubishi. (If I can remember correctly)

I believe that it is Mazda not Mitsubishi. Ford had a large stake in mazda at the time so most manual broncos have the mazda trans. on a side note the b2000 is the exact same as the ranger and vice versa (even manufactured in the same plants).

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I knew about the Transmission. I have one mated to my I6. My Uncle had a Ranger back around that time (88 I think) and he hated it. He had engine and tranny problem galore with it.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I believe that it is Mazda not Mitsubishi. Ford had a large stake in mazda at the time so most manual broncos have the mazda trans. on a side note the b2000 is the exact same as the ranger and vice versa (even manufactured in the same plants).

Oh I know all about the Ford and Mazda connection, but I was correct about Mitsubishi/Ford.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts

uh....

would you like explaining to us (since you say you are correct about diamond motors working with the blue oval) what exactly they shared?

And no, their was no mercury bronco.. the only real SUV that mercury ever made (and still makes) is the mountaineer... otherwise, you are entering crossover territory

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
uh....

would you like explaining to us (since you say you are correct about diamond motors working with the blue oval) what exactly they shared?

And no, their was no mercury bronco.. the only real SUV that mercury ever made (and still makes) is the mountaineer... otherwise, you are entering crossover territory
The Ford Bronco II had this engine option 2.3 L Mitsubishi 4D55T

and these transmission options: 5-speed Mitsubishi FM145
5-speed Mitsubishi FM146...

Couple more shared parts but that is off the top of my head.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
The Ford Bronco II had this engine option 2.3 L Mitsubishi 4D55T

and these transmission options: 5-speed Mitsubishi FM145
5-speed Mitsubishi FM146...

Couple more shared parts but that is off the top of my head.
Not only have I never ever heard that, anywhere, but... this is a fullsize bronco forum, the BII is an explorer predecessor :doh0715:

Edit: oh wow, wikipedia backed you up... let the records show, andrew james stated a correct fact
Mitsubishi is a chrystler sub-division.

well, not sure how true that is anymore.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Not only have I never ever heard that, anywhere, but... this is a fullsize bronco forum, the BII is an explorer predecessor :doh0715:

Edit: oh wow, wikipedia backed you up... let the records show, andrew james stated a correct fact

well, not sure how true that is anymore.

Lulz @ your edit. Are you saying Andrew James rarely makes correct facts lmao? :histerica

1 - 15 of 15 Posts