Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, just sayin wut worked for me. It sounds like thats the problem being that I have done everything the same as he did and his truck is doin the exact same thing mine did. and after i replaced the MAP it all cleared up. I purposely searched for MAP articles so I can help those who have the same problems I did. Hell im so confident thats the problem i'll buy the thing for him and he can see if thats it. HAH good luck with everything though, im just sharing any valuble info.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ya i priced the map today they said 88, i also tried getin a price for the mlps(manual lever position sensor) they had no idea wat it was he said try a tranny shop, but i dont know, thanks guys for all the info, il keep you updated, im gona try to see if theres some test i can do on the map before i buy a new one but im sure im going to need it

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
xmeinherzbrennt said:
i also tried getin a price for the mlps(manual lever position sensor) they had no idea wat it was he said try a tranny shop,
Where did you try at?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
local napa, im gona call ford as soon as i get paid

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ya mlps out of range i belive

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
ok well i jus changed tyhe MAP sensor adn that didnt do a danm thing so im kinda lost now but il let u guys know what i figure out and try next, and suggestions would be a great help

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
anyone got a suggestion what to check next, what sensors to test, or what to look at?

·
Registered
843 Posts
xmeinherzbrennt said:
anyone got a suggestion what to check next, what sensors to test, or what to look at?
X...did you test the TPS? I tried to go back to the past posts but could not find that you tested/replaced it. I had the same problems you were having. Did the voltage test on the TPS and found it was the culprit. I did a write up on how to test and replace in the tech forum. Take a look at that...let me know!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
ok well now i got a new problem, i just tried to change the plugs and wires because everyone is saying its a missfire which i would have to agree, one plug had deposits across the elctrodes and one wires was messed up from the headers, so i realy thought this was going to do it turns out tis runing shitier now its backfireing when im siting there idleing its just pop after pop, i dont think the wires are realy crossed i cant figure out any beter way to route them maybe somehow i put them back on wrong, does anyone have a diagram or pictures how they should be routed and which goes where?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
never mind guys, sorry about that i figured it out, i thought it was going to be some kind of big deal and i was so sure i had everything routed corectly and nothing crossed i got out the haynes anyway and went back checked it out and i belive i had 7 and 8 backwards or maybe 7 8 and 5 i dont realy know i kind of coinfused my self but all is good now hasnt been runing this good in months if you guys want il put up a picture of the one plug and one wire that ****ed up over real good for the last few months

41 - 51 of 51 Posts