Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of other threads that are somewhat similar but I don't want to hijack anything, might be better this way anyhow.

The problem is this, when I go uphill, it's most noticeable there, and around 35 or so, the motor is stuttering a little, running a little bit edgy. Also happens on the highway but a little bit later, say 45-50.

Mechanic considered fuel delivery, filter is fine though, and I haven't gotten around to checking on the rest yet. Tranny fluid is fine, too, and with the SixLitre upgrade, the wiring is good as well.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
TPS

Hey Dude, It sounds like what mine was doing a couple weeks back. God it was annoying. It would cough and buck and hesitate. I changed a few compoments, read the codes, and what finally fixed it was the TPS (under the throttle body). But be ware, The TPS has to be put on a certain way, and there is a little spring in there that can be broken if not careful.

Read the codes, do some searches. There is so much info on here to learn, but I would definately check out the TPS. Good Luck:beer

·
Registered
413 Posts
does it go away when you go over 50mph?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yap. Well, not 50 exactly but 55, I gotta go check in the next couple of days.

You got an idea?

·
Registered
413 Posts
TPS sensor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Found this thread via search, because my 92 EB 302 E4OD is having the same issue.

If the problem is a bad TPS, why would this only happen at certain speeds?

thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts