Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here the problem i am having... when i start my truck at idle it stutters a little and when i am driving it seems a little sluggish at times due to the stuttering. also just today when i was headed to work it also started giving weird voltage readings... when i apply a load to it it starts to jump around the when it goes back to idle it stops or does it a little.... i have checked my cap and rotor and they look a little worn but does anyone have an idea? it is a 94 351w

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok sorry i am just getting back to you... i have been a little busy with school... the truck is a 94 xlt with the 5.8l i had the oil changed about 1500 miles ago the plugs were changed 20,000 miles ago. as far as maintainance i do almost everything myself... if i get the time. i had my engine rebuilt about 20,000 miles ago and since then i have changed the fluids on time and have not had any problems. the truck has 199,600 miles on it as a whole. last thurs after i made this post i had to jump my truck twice and i realized that i had a bad connection so today i cleaned both cables and the batt. and it ran a little better, but then i realized i was a little low on coolant so i added some and ran it for a min. and everything seemed ok with just a hint of stutter... then i took the rad. cap off and the coolant was foamed up and white... is that normal? i am guessing no... i know some of this is stupid but i just want to make sure so i dont screw something up. thanks guys

·
Registered
634 Posts
Losing coolant, and foamy coolant could be signs of a leaking head gasket. This could also cause your reduction in power. Check your oil. Is it foamy and milky? If so, could be the head gasket(s).

Will

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a stab in the dark, but how old is your battery? I once had some cells in my battery go bad and it caused all my guages and stuff to go hay wire and jump around. It also would start sometimes and not sometimes. May want to just have a battery shop check your battery. And definetly find out what is making your coolant do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts