Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you Bronco Gurus. Looking for mounting brackets for '80-'86 "styleside" rear bumper. Needless to say, they are HARD to find. Are there any other years that will work? Know of any for sale?

Thanks!
Dwayne

·
Super Moderator
29,088 Posts
Yo Dwayne,
A belated Welcome!
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance, the 1986 Ford Bronco Rear Body Rear Bumper 01359A Step Bumper, Chrome..

or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 1980-1986 >Ford > Bronco > Rear Body > Rear Bumper > 01112A W O Step Bumper; Chrome

●□●
What year Bronco do you have?

Al

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al,
Thanks for letting me join. I've been a member for a little while just soaking up the knowledge offered here.
Thanks also for the information. I'll look it up. I used one national parts search. In response, Tom Lee at Tom's Auto Parts has been helping me look. Super nice guy. He found a set but when asked for pictures he never heard from them again. So, the search continues.
I have an '86 XLT. Just got it painted and was trying to get it back together. The original step bumper was bent and rusted so a friend bought me a new styleside bumper as a gift. I had no idea we would have trouble finding brackets. May have to fab them myself.
Dwayne

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,254 Posts
Possibly something off the same gen f series.. even some Econoline have interchangeable parts. May take a little mod but it could get cha close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly something off the same gen f series.. even some Econoline have interchangeable parts. May take a little mod but it could get cha close.
Thanks BroncMom, I was wondering about that as well and have been keeping an eye out for them too. It seems that the majority of F-150's were set up to at least bumper tow a trailer. I know they're out there just hiding....

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
Are we talking about the step bumper or the smaller one?
Styleside is Ford's term for a regular bed as opposed to the Flareside which is the step-side bed.
The F-series frame is longer behind the gas tank so the Bronco bumper brackets are unique to them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are we talking about the step bumper or the smaller one?
Styleside is Ford's term for a regular bed as opposed to the Flareside which is the step-side bed.
The F-series frame is longer behind the gas tank so the Bronco bumper brackets are unique to them.
Thanks, that's good information about the longer brackets on the F-150.
I'm sure that Ford had a different name. I'm using what was on the box. It's the non-step bumper.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0L
8 Posts
Were you able to find those bumper brackets? I’m in the same situation and either need to fab them up or find some, but no yards near me have any Broncos with those style bumpers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you able to find those bumper brackets? I’m in the same situation and either need to fab them up or find some, but no yards near me have any Broncos with those style bumpers.
I finally found a set this past weekend. I have been searching for months. Found them on Facebook marketplace. Had to drive 5 hours round trip and 4 hours to get the rusty bolts to let go. But I got 'em!
If I can help you with any measurements on them let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! If you could take a picture that’d great. I saw Dennis Carpenter has some brackets for the f150 Styleside bumper (C4TZ-17787-SET), just not sure if they match up based on the years their website says. Either way, I may try to modify them or bend some steel to make it work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! If you could take a picture that’d great. I saw Dennis Carpenter has some brackets for the f150 Styleside bumper (C4TZ-17787-SET), just not sure if they match up based on the years their website says. Either way, I may try to modify them or bend some steel to make it work.
I'll take some pictures tomorrow

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
So not 100% on that bumper but the rear framerails on the F100/F150/FSB got wider in 73 and your part number is a 64, fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,318 Posts
I got 3 bumpers lying around, I’m in Oregon, where you needing them and pics of what you need?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So not 100% on that bumper but the rear framerails on the F100/F150/FSB got wider in 73 and your part number is a 64, fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, looks like they’re incompatible as far as sizing goes. I was told to contact Green Sales. I might give them a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got 3 bumpers lying around, I’m in Oregon, where you needing them and pics of what you need?
I just want to make sure I get the correct brackets for the “Styleside” rear bumper so any pictures of them will help. Any chance you still have the brackets?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a picture of the brackets I found. This is one side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts