Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
NDIXIE said:
I am building a sub box with a loading wall similar to Gacknar's. How high sould the "wall" be?
Wherever it sounds best. 3 - 4" should do it.

NDIXIE said:
Also I am going to port the box. Should I point the ports up the hit the wall? If not where?
No. Anywhere else would be better, but try to put the port on the same plane as the woofer. The port needs to be unobstructed for several inches to work properly.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
That's the point. The theory is that loading wall increases pressure in front of the speaker forcing more sound out the port. The difference may or may not be audible, but it does protect the speaker which is the real reason I used one.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Meaning it may not make a huge difference in db/spl (volume). It will probably change the way it sounds though, hopefully, bringing out the lower frequencies and muting some of the higher frequencies. It's one of those things where you need to experiment with and without to see what sounds best.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
meaning the face of the sub and the port openings are on the same side.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
SrATEX said:
meaning the face of the sub and the port openings are on the same side.
Yep, and it's not a set in stone rule either, but typically works well.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
MajSuckelton said:
Yep, and it's not a set in stone rule either, but typically works well.

I had a ported box where the two 10s set in the front and ports came out the top....sounded like ass...but the box was free.

a buddy of my brothers built one where had one single large port out the same plane as the sub...1 10 sounds great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts