Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I’m building 2 12” custom fiberglass boxes in each of the wheel wells in the the back. My question is should I angle them forward or backward? I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before I start the build!
Cheers,
John

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
45 Posts
While I do not have a thumping stereo in my bronco I have built and installed quite a few throughout the years for friends and families. I have always made my boxes as a downfire setup. I do this mostly to protect the speaker since most of these vehicle are driven and used daily. You can slide stuff right up to the box without worrying about it damaging the speakers. They all sounds fine, as with bass it's not as critical which way the speaker faces.

All that said it is entirely a personal preference what way and how the boxes look. Try to keep them sized properly so that you get the best sound possible.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,589 Posts
Point them to the rear. The way a bronco cabin affects subwoofers is pretty neat. The waves bounce off the tailgate and echo forward.

The loudest stereo in the world was once held by a bronco, just shy of 170 db. Thats 8 times louder than a 747 at full throttle. The bronco is still around, but its owner, Alma Gates, passed on back in '13.

Reactions: weasel-like animal

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
525 Posts
Sub woofers are omni directional so you should be able to mount them in any direction (down fire, front facing, rear facing etc). However, many face them to reflect off the rear tailgate, trunk, glass etc for louder effect. Also, really depends on ported or sealed and what you ultimately are shooting for. I have a single 10 Sundown in my center console in a sealed box and it provides enough bass to feel it anywhere in the cabin. It is facing up and slightly to the rear.

Reactions: CrazyBRONCOguy

·
I ♥ TTB
4,312 Posts
Agree with stated above. Every system I've ever personally done, the results for big bass have been rear firing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts