Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coincidentally, this happened to my Bronco while my son drove it, he tried to explain it to me. I never saw it happen to me before and then today it happened to me while driving my Ford Focus. You're going along and then you have a massive "miss", lasts a fraction of a second, then twice or three times about 15 minutes apart, and the a really big one where the engine bascially turns off, ignition lights come on, etc. In the case of the focus, I saw gauges go to zero (including the fuel gauge) but the warning lights looked like they stayed on. I suspect same thing happened in the Bronco but can't say for sure.

Any thoughts on what may have caused this. Both vehicles are fine otherwise.

Thanks,
Biederboat

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
If the gauges go to "zero," I'd suspect an electrical problem. In Fords, I typically look at the ignition switch and ground connections.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Like a hiccup? Something similar happened to my 94 Bronco. Although there was never a total shut down the check engine light did come on then off then on then off again a couple of times, the codes said it wast the TPS.

Check the connection first for corrosion then get the codes read then have that part that the computer said is bad tested to make sure it's not the wiring harness then start replacing parts.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
Yeah, watch out when it decides to fart, though! :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.