Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night it started raining down here in san antonio and my 94 lost traction and i almost hit a pole but in the process of skidding some how my front axle got bent so its shot so now its time to start looking anyone got any suggestions on what to put i was thinking about putting a big ol 350 axle i have sitting here but how difficult is that? also when i get around to doing this what has to be done to get the 4x4 working

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I'd say if you have a Dana60 axle from an F-350, by all means put that under the Bronco instead of repairing/ replacing the stock TTB junk. You'll find a ton of info in the SAS forum. I thought it was very easy to mount the 88 F-350 axle on my 84 Bronco, some fabrication and welding was needed. Pics in my supermotors gallery, or search for my thread on the Dana60 swap, JSM84

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,858 Posts
yea what year did that axle come from?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
last night it started raining down here in san antonio and my 94 lost traction and i almost hit a pole but in the process of skidding some how my front axle got bent so its shot so now its time to start looking anyone got any suggestions on what to put i was thinking about putting a big ol 350 axle i have sitting here but how difficult is that? also when i get around to doing this what has to be done to get the 4x4 working
Go to a junkyard, and get another TTB.

Try looking at the huge forum dedicated to solid axle swaps, and you'll see how over your head you are in swapping a dana60, and why you more then likely don't need one.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
:stupid. Its alot of work and fabrication.... There are tons of kits out there to make it a tid bit easier, but still requires some skills... Plan to spend a crap load of money tho. Check out the SAS forum for costs of doing a solid axle swap to get an idea... heres the link http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352 :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts