Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's probably already a thread for this, but I couldn't find it ?

So... last weekend we finally had a few nice (and dry) days here in NwPa, so we decided to take the top off the '82, and go for a float...First time for us having the top off since we got her in November, came off pretty easy since none of the trim pieces are in there... man does it make it easy to get the 'yaks in... Plus (added bonus) having the cargo area mounted spare gave us a great place to strap the boats ?
Elk Creek access in NwPa is a nice little place to go if you don't like crowded (we don't people well), but the few that are there will stop what they're doing and stare when you roll in ?

Attachments

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
Awesome!

Looks like fun! :beer

Reactions: BroncMom

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:twotu: Sooo much fun CDA...Great way to recharge

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
Are you going to keep the top off for the Summer?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to keep the top off for the Summer?
Unfortunately no. My garage is too small for my rig (more like an over glorified shed) and I don't have a soft top yet.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I like the thread that shows a one person top removal. I haven't taken mine off this year yet. I am a one person removal and when I was younger, it wasn't much of an issue but now with a blown out back...…

I like the 'yak pic. I traded my Jackson Super hero for a canoe when I came to south GA. The rivers down here are slow but heavy.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,264 Posts
Too much rain here to ever pull it off which makes me sad. If I had a soft top that sucker would be down every chance I got.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
Too much rain here to ever pull it off which makes me sad. If I had a soft top that sucker would be down every chance I got.

Those soft tops fold down like a Willys MB Jeep soft top, correct?

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,264 Posts
The one's I've seen do exactly that. It's not a super quick process to drop and reinstall but neither was my Jeep.

Reactions: CDA 455

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
:kewl @BroncMom, she's lookin' good!:ford

I'm itchin' to take mine off, lots o' fun to drive w/o it. I had a hoist setup at our last place, but don't have it back up in our new digs yet. Gettin' lots of rain here too though.:whiteflag

Post up the topless pics gang!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:kewl @BroncMom, she's lookin' good!:ford

I'm itchin' to take mine off, lots o' fun to drive w/o it. I had a hoist setup at our last place, but don't have it back up in our new digs yet. Gettin' lots of rain here too though.:whiteflag

Post up the topless pics gang!
Thanks so much ♥ I really love her ♥ so much fun with it off..esp when the country boy in the jacked up tricked out pick up stops what he's doing and watches you go by and ur just like :goodfinge

Sooo tired of the rain... On the couple nice days we do have I'm playing catch up with all my other outdoor obligations :banghead I don't wanna say it can't stay like this all summer but mother nature will be like "hold my beer"

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Does yours fold down in order to be topless?
it does. it lays back like a convertible top. i also easily disconnects/removes by removing one pin on each side.

·
Registered
577 Posts
that's a clean '82!

Now that I got my '78 running and the top of for the first time in 5 years, you can't peel the smile off my face with a 10ft crowbar. I just got fenderwell headers/cherry bombs and turnouts installed - it's loud but I run with pink ear plugs which tones it down a bit. I don't even mind traffic with the 4 -sp manual, I'm in such a good mood that I even wave at jeeps sometimes. Every one of the cagers are stuck in their AC, but still not near as cool as me in the old ford under the hot Alabama sun (at least that's what I keep telling myself while blasting Junior brown on the old home stereo speakers laid up in the back).

So much cooler with the top off. The best trip was over lake Guntersville to a range for a milsurp shoot about an hour away. Unfortunately I had to put the top back on yesterday in preparation for a trip to the small local shop which stores some of the cars outside.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts