Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Super Duty, and I am thinking about putting that 2" Donahoe Racing leveling kit on it.
Link:
http://www.donahoeracing.com/images/products/2_sdkit550.jpg

My question is, for those of you who have a Super Duty were you able to fit a 35" tire under it with a leveling kit?

Everywhere I read states that it will only fit a 33", but I have heard of people squeezing in a 33" with no lift...

This seems like I dumb question, but I want an honest answer from someone who knows from experience and since many people here hve Duty's I figured i would ask.

Thanks

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Jer, are you a member over on Ford Truck World? I'd ask over there.

I've been thinking about leveling the Supercrew but I have those damn torsion bars and I'm still not sold on the idea that it doesn't affect the ride negativly yet. Plus I have a guy here at work who broke one of his torsion bars pulling out of the parking lot last year, and he said he had his cranked.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
From the folks I've spoke to that tow with theirs and have added leveling kits they didn't like it. Most of these are people who tow horse trailers (goosenecks four or five horse trailers).

Talked to alot of people because I'd thought of adding the keys for torsion bars to my DMax Dually. Decided to leave it as is.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I really only wanna run a 33" anyway so maybe I will try it with no leveling kit first.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
305's on stock wheels with X code springs here, on my 94.

pics

I have no rubbing at ALL

I also put a friends 315 on 10" wheels, and rubbed ONLY on the black plastic inner by the firewall. A little work and it would clear fine.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTF are x-code springs? AND I hope you mean 04 and not 94 LOL!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I have 305s on my SuperDuty and it doesn't rub at all. I recently sampled some 35s a friend had on his StoopidDuty. They only rub a little on the plastic at full lock.

I kick myslef daily for not going 35s. :banghead

There is little to no difference in the two just driving around, and very little when actually towing; but the difference in looks is HUGE.

I'd say go 35s unless you are towing with a gooseneck, then it gets a little fawked up. Or you just dont want that big of a tire :toothless

X Code springs, huh? A relative has an Excursion that they may be selling soon, I may just boost my SD a little :D

Plug, is your 04 a 7.3l or 6.0l? The pic is too fuzzy to tell . . .

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04's all had the 6.0

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts

X codes arent for X's only, they came on heavy duty fronts in 350's also. they are factory replacement springs, think mine ran aout 150 or so, and lifted about 1 to 1.5 max. truck sits level now, and swuats when towing. I really like the ride, way better than the factory U or V codes I had. look on your door sticker jeremy, it will tell you what you have. what I like about it with the x codes, is no for mechanic will ever be the wiser, so it wont be any hassle with warranty for the rest of my 100K

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 2000 F250 PSD and I put on the DR 3" leveling kit with 315/75/16 and I only rub the springs just barely. The thing is you need the right backspacing on the rims, mine are 16x8 with 4 1/4 BS. take a look.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know what I just realised? I have stock f350 springs sitting on the side of my house. I picked them up when i worked at 4wpw wholesale for free. We took them off a customers rig when he lifted it 12"s. (Overkill)

Maybe i will use the main leaf and cut the eyes out (Placed between both stock leafs) and see how that works.

Damon, I will check my sticker tomorrow, I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Where do you look on the VIN to see what springs it has? Mine rides stiff. I have never riden in another one that rode as stiff as mine. If I put a drink in the cupholder, It gets all over my radio from the bouncing. Sometimes I hate the ride. Also it is a 99 F250. Supposedly it has the Camper Special from what the previous owner was telling me. But I dont know how to verify that.

Edit: here is my door sticker

·
Registered
548 Posts
plug ugly said:
down along the bottom of the sticker. I cant read it. down where the WB (wheelbase) is but to the right.
It says
WB-158
BRK-2
INT TR-32
K-9
AXLE-C1
TR-E
SPR-VA
Looking at the picture again under type it says TRU/CAM. I wonder if that means anything?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts