Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a set of 06 f350 axles for sale w/low miles. the guy said it was a dana 65 front and a sterling 10.5" rear? does this sound right?

also, a parts list of what i would need would be great besides the custom driveshafts. i have a welding shop that im going to perform this in but dont want to take up too much time with my truck in the middle of it.

i was told by someone on here that the stock coil buckets will work as well as the stock sd brakes?

will my stock springs work on my pre right now? its a 95 but i bought some 2.5" taller springs thats under it right now. will this fit right on the dana 65? how are the springs held on the sd axles? mine has a big nut in the middle i think when i installed the 2.5" levelling kit.

any help would be great, thanks.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You need to read into this a lot more. Then you need to decide if you're using leaf springs, coil springs and then radius arms like the 80-96 trucks or a 4 link like the axle on the superduty

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
its a coil sprung axle but its missing the coil springs.
Yeah I know that but are you keep it that way? Are you going to run radius arms?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got a set of sd leafs as well but never thought to put them on. i guess this would be an even easier way?

i was planning on putting stock sd ra's, springs, steering and the such. would the leaf be easier than the coils?

i was planning on running radius arms but can make somthing homeade?

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
With all of these questions you have, it's clear that you aren't ready to start this project yet. You need to thoroughly read all the sticky topics at the top this forum section. There is a wealth of info up there that covers every aspect of a coil or leaf setup along with tools, time and cost breakdown. Read, read and then read some more and you will be well on your way to planning your SAS. :beer

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can i cut the coil perches off of the axle and weld a perch for a leaf? i would much rather do a leaf sas than a coil one since its suppose to be easier and i do have a new set of sd leafs behind the shop already.

i still need to know if the 06 sd front axle is a dana 65 or a dana 60 and if its a 65, whats the difference?
also, is the rear axle a 10.5" like the seller said?

also, will the sd steering fit stock 95? the front axle still has the steering hooked up to it.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,745 Posts
Its a D60 theres no such thing as a D65. Yes the rear is a 10.5.

The steering might work. Once you get the suspension done and the axle is under youll have to check. The concern is whether or not the draglink will work, but no one on here has used an 06 axle with stock steering, so youll have to figure that part out on your own.

Yes you can cut the coil parts off and go leaf spring if you want. Leaf isnt any easier than coil, they both require a certain amount of design and fab work to be done properly. I suggest you start reading the leaf sas threads to get an idea of the work that will be involved. Just remember that none of the locations/hangars used by everyone on here will apply to you, since the superduty leafs are longer, with a centered pin, so itll be up to you to figure out where the spring has to be mounted under the truck to get the axle centered in the wheel well, as well as achieving the proper shackle angle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, i do have a guy that use to own his own lift shop that i guess would stop by the shop if i buy enough beer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts