Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called ford to have my paint code matched(KE) brilliant blue they did not have any and cannot get it... then i called the local paint & body supply shop asking for a gallon of it, then i got questions like this do you want:clear coat,base coat,acrylic, acrylic enamel, enamel.
so my question is now what paint do i want? my body guy is not in town and i wanted to be ready for him to paint my 2 doors,2fenders,hood so i could just install when he was done

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Use base coat clear coat. If possible take the vehicle to the paint mixing supplier they should have a machine to get a more accurate match colors fade over time and regardless of whether you get the KE paint or the match for what is there it will still have to be blended to be a great match and nearly unnoticeable or unnoticeable. You should be able to paint a whole vehicle with a gallon of base and a gallon of clear you will also need activator and reducer for the paints. No more than what you are doing you will most likely only use a half gallon of each not a bad idea if you can afford it to have extra though for future incidents. Also panels will need to be sanded any repair spots/ imprefections should be primed then sealed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use base coat clear coat. If possible take the vehicle to the paint mixing supplier they should have a machine to get a more accurate match colors fade over time and regardless of whether you get the KE paint or the match for what is there it will still have to be blended to be a great match and nearly unnoticeable or unnoticeable. You should be able to paint a whole vehicle with a gallon of base and a gallon of clear you will also need activator and reducer for the paints. No more than what you are doing you will most likely only use a half gallon of each not a bad idea if you can afford it to have extra though for future incidents. Also panels will need to be sanded any repair spots/ imprefections should be primed then sealed.
right on ur tha man... i know my other paint has a little fading but i just gonna get a gallon of base and gallon of clear, reason im not looking for great paint is i just need new front clip and p/o smashed drivers door so as long as "KE" is closer than royal blue spray paint its beter than i was gonna do LOL and hes gonna paint em for 100.00+paint
thanks again
ryan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just thought id throw this in for people to laugh at ... just called maaco to see what they would charge to paint (removed) 2 fenders-200.00ea 2 doors-300.00ea hood-300.00 BAHAHAHAHA but yet they would paint the whole bronco for 1000.00

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
just thought id throw this in for people to laugh at ... just called maaco to see what they would charge to paint (removed) 2 fenders-200.00ea 2 doors-300.00ea hood-300.00 BAHAHAHAHA but yet they would paint the whole bronco for 1000.00
I've been working too cheap!:banghead

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been working too cheap!:banghead
haha possably, time to jack up prices unless ur planing on undercutting maaco. but my budys jurneyman auto body and hes gonna spray them for 100.00 cash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts