Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your tires? How do they perform on the street? What is the longetivity on these? Pics would be appreciated and any info on these tires would do.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Not an owner, but a prospective owner as you appear to be.

The LTB's are NOT for the street. I have heard mileage reports of 15k frequently, with 10k even coming up once for mileage. They're a tough tire, and an aggressive one. SOFT lugs.

I will be looking at them because the class I will be entering my truck into (Open Street) for mud dragging limits me to a tire size of no larger then 34". So...34x10.50x15 LTB's happen to be cheap, more aggressive then a TSL, and did I mention cheap? I will have a set of 35" tires to run on the street however, so I will not have to deal their street manners. Only problem will be having to actually change and bolt them all on each time I go to the drags.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Pretty much what Saurian said.

I have a set and they make a nice hum one the road. They are very soft which is good for a play truck but not a daily driver and yes they are cheap.

Saurian if your doing mud drags are you limited by width? I would think the 33 13.5 15 would give you a wider footprint and dig you through better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have those on my 87 Mazda. The lugs are very soft. After a weekend of wheeling in slick crushed rock type terrain, I had some good sized cuts and gouges in the lugs. They still hold air fine though. They have worn very well, but it is a light little truck, I dont think they would fair well on a heavy bronco. But, they get you through the sloppy mud like a champion, I never got stuck for lack of traction. Good wheelin tire, not so great street tire.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I have a 302. The more narrow 34x10.50 will let me be able to spin and maintian wheel speed easier then the 13.5" tire would. If I had a bigger engine/more low end torque I would defintely be going different.

As it is, I'm considering paying the 25 more per tire to get the 34x9.50 Super Swamper's for the racing. Those things RULE in lower classes like I'm in. Such a narrow tire just digs and throws you through. If I had a light ranger or something I might consider the bigger tire for floating across the top with gear..but my Flareside is in the middle. It's not got a chunky ass like Bronco's (Fiberglass Flareside bed is lighter then a shortbed, and ALOT lighter then the Bronco rear with top and glass and junk), but its not exactly a light weight either. I'm looking at doing some small power mods (roller cam/roller rockers, chip, headers, p&p heads) to give me some more power to get through there.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Like the others have said... Great off-road tire, not so hot on the street. I had a set of 33x13.5 on my stock-suspensioned bronco.

The lugs are very soft. I could compress them with my fingers. I got about 9,000 miles on the set. Of course, i was spooled in the rear...(no, i did not have too much air in them)

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
OMG

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
:shocked Wow:shocked Theres almost not tire left:shocked

·
Registered
231 Posts
If it's only for wheeling, get a hot knife and cut another 1/4 to 3/8 tread out of there....WOW

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I'd love to do that, but then I get thrown into modified class where I'd need 800HP+ to be competitive. :( I'm trying to stay in my itty bitty Open Stock class and it sucks...the next class up (Superstock) lets me go to 36" tires, but I'd need about 500HP to be competitive there.

That's why they're so cheap. You really don't get any life at all out of them. Another reason I'm considering going to the 34x9.50 super swamper. Harder compound, it wouldn't vanish instantly if I DID go mallcruising with those tires on there (Not that I would do that.....lol).

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
I love my LTB's for wheelin, they are two years old, and are in great shape, but they have very low millage, just lots of woods time. they definatly have some chunking for rocks, but are still in overall good shape.

my buddy ran a set on his jeep as a dd, and they held up good, and then he putthem on his bronco for a couple months, and they seemed to hold up, but they weren't on long enough to realy tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if you only get 15k out of them on the street,

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
that is a great looking tire- agressive tread makes traction easy to come by...
ace

·
Registered
802 Posts
Bonzai said:
How do you like your tires? How do they perform on the street? What is the longetivity on these? Pics would be appreciated and any info on these tires would do.

I'm running the 34/10.50/15 LTBs on my 88. They are a little over 2 years old with about 22K on them and are still about 80% tread. I run them at the max 45 PSI on the street to help with longevity in the warmer months 32PSI when the roads are frozen. They get really squirrly on the ice in the winter though, if that's something you have to worry about. :thumbup
Here's a poser shot from June, you can somewhat see my tread if you look closely.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, this thread is old, i have bought them since.

theres some different angles on the tires. Im VERY happy with them. Im starting college this year, so driving outta town is going to make me put on the BFG AT/s that i got off my brothers wrecked truck as i think my LTBs will die from a whole college year of driving.

Yours look in very good condition. Thanks for reminding me about the PSI, i think i need to pump mine up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts