Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
i had a set. there good for mud but suck in the rain and snow. if you groove them you can get better wet performance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
awesome off road, on road, not so much. and i hope you dont put a lot of miles on it cuz those things wear notoriously quickly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
from my experience. i had a set and my uncle had a set of 40s on his jeep. there great if your in mud or dry payement but if a dog pees on the sidewalk you slide.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Adrian,
Why 34's? Why not 35 or 36". You are still planning a 4 or 6" lift right. Just wondering. Any Superswamper will have soft rubber and wear like crap.

from my experience. i had a set and my uncle had a set of 40s on his jeep. there great if your in mud or dry payement but if a dog pees on the sidewalk you slide.
40's on a light ass jeep and you will slide on anything that isn't siped.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im still getting a 6" lift but i need to get my gears first and im planning on the Ox lockers so i thought i could get these they are cheap enough so i wont sweat about them to much while i get the lockers

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,491 Posts
I love the 34" LTB's - they hook great on everything besides hard pavement, soft sand (dig too much!) and watter. I wish they had a 38" side - I'd buy it over the TSL SX's - but they didn't want to fill tha gap. 40's are too big, 36's too small...

These things dig GOOD!

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Im looking at getting these tires for my Bronco i what do yall think of them.....
http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT65005.aspx
Do yourself a favor and get the radials! If ya live where it's cold the polyester belts will rattle your teeth loose (Experience). Also on pavement hold onto the steering wheel around bends as they will wander. They didn't last on my daily driver on pavement less than 7 months!!! However I never got stuck!!

Compared to stock :histerica

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had them on a dodge and drove in the mountains 5500 miles and they were on the cords, mtr, ot bfg will be a better tire, if you do get them get lifetime balance and rotaton, and do it every 1000 miles.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,491 Posts
I never drive mine on the street - they flatspot on me whenever I drive off - but that is because I'll drive my truck, have it sit for a month or two (until next event) and they round out after about 10 min anywase. Mine are decent on the road - they do wander, they sound like a swarm of pissed off bees, but they hook like no tommorow (oh, and they leave super sweet burnout marks - don't ask me how I know :p ) They are not made of rubber - they are made of polyester.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had them on my truck when i first bought it. they were shot but still did amazing with little tread and only side lugs. they do wander alot

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
had the LTB's on my 87 for about a 10k miles then they were gone. great off road but on road they leave a lot to be desired.
:stupid

They're great off-road, but they wear very quick. This is mine with a rear mini-spool and 10,000 miles. I never got around to rotating them :doh0715:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adrian,
Why 34's? Why not 35 or 36". You are still planning a 4 or 6" lift right. Just wondering. Any Superswamper will have soft rubber and wear like crap.

40's on a light ass jeep and you will slide on anything that isn't siped.

because they dont make a 35 or 36":rolleyes:

and thats a pretty hasty generalization to state that "all super swampers wear like crap"
you couldn't be more wrong.
i almost got 50k out of my last set of swampers (ssr's):goodfinge

·
Registered
453 Posts
40's on a light ass jeep and you will slide on anything that isn't siped.[/QUOTE]

ur right jeeps are light but my bronco was the same way. i like the tires i was statin that they do have a tendency to slide when it rains.

·
Registered
904 Posts
stump, allow me to assure you that his statement is much more accurate for the vast majority of people running ANY tire from interco. 50K miles is purely an anomaly, i dont know how or why you have gotten that many miles out of them but even the radials are LUCKY if they see 15K miles. Ive got a set with about 8K on them and they are already at 50% tread.

Interco doesnt make tires that are ideal for something thats going to see a lot of miles unless you are willing to replace them regularly, end of story.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts