Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since 1985 I have been a die hard NY Giants fan. Through the Superbowl teams and winning seasons, to the 4-12 seasons, I've been there for it all. Now, after 23 years of being a fan, the Big Blue are on another trip to the Superbowl. This year has been fantastic for being a Giants supporter, but what chaps my ass so much is that no matter what they do, they STILL can not get ANY respect from the media or general peanut gallery. Take Jay "I-Can't-Get-Any-Picks-Right" Novacek for instance. He writes a weekly column for MSNBC and all god damn season, he's been picking the team playing the Giants for the win. The giants get into the playoffs not even needing the 16th game, and still play all the starters and DO WORK against the Patriots. They play Tampa and win. They play Dallas and win. They play Green Bay in -4° weather and win. Novacek picks Tampa, Dallas, and Green Bay. So heres the Superbowl in two weeks. I'm foaming at the mouth anticipating what the media is going to say NOW, especially Novacek. No matter what, the Giants are facing a 14 point defecit in Vegas for SB 42. I guarantee New England wanted to face Bret Favre in the Superbowl, now they won't be. This game WILL NOT BE A BLOW OUT. I will put this on everything holy, that this game on Feb. 3rd will be one of the greatest in 10 years. I firmly believe the Giants will win the Superbowl by their skin of their teeth, but I can not wait to hear the aftershocks in the media by the likes of Jay Novacek when they do.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

God Bless FSB!!

Jay-

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
I love Jay Novacek. he was my inspriation for being a TE. After all he did play for my FAVORITE TEAM.....

that being said, the giants played a good game, i was pissed, but it should be a good superbowl. especially since those are the 2 big teams around me.

i still dont think anything is stopping the PATS. lets just hope for a good game, and for Eli to choke.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a player, I myself liked Jay Novacek with Dallas, but what drives me nuts is that he writes nothing about the bad picks he made the week before. I listen to ESPN radio all day at work and all the biggest personalities even admit their bad pics. Just once I'd like to see a Giant doubter come out and say, "okay, fine. The Giants ARE that good." I mean came on!! Undefeated on the road (1st team in NFL history), 5th seed, wildcard, 2 playoff wins holding EACH team under 100 yds rushing AND 24 points (including only 2 teams to exceed 24 points ALL SEASON: GB and NE)... I guess the only time they'll get respect will be winning the Superbowl agains thr greatest team in NFL history.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
well, you gotta take into cosideration. he played for Dallas. He obviously HATES the Giants....what cowboy doesnt. but yes i agree with you.

The giants really are surprising other teams, and them selves. they never would have thought they would be in this place in the beggining of the year.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
If your a true die hard fan, who gives a fawk what the media or anybody else thinks??
I've gone through the same shit being a fan of certain teams...just enjoy "your" momenet in the spot light and to hell with ever one else..:shrug

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
As a player, I myself liked Jay Novacek with Dallas, but what drives me nuts is that he writes nothing about the bad picks he made the week before. I listen to ESPN radio all day at work and all the biggest personalities even admit their bad pics. Just once I'd like to see a Giant doubter come out and say, "okay, fine. The Giants ARE that good." I mean came on!! Undefeated on the road (1st team in NFL history), 5th seed, wildcard, 2 playoff wins holding EACH team under 100 yds rushing AND 24 points (including only 2 teams to exceed 24 points ALL SEASON: GB and NE)... I guess the only time they'll get respect will be winning the Superbowl agains thr greatest team in NFL history.
Hate to burst your bubble, BUT the NY Giants are not undefeated on the road, they lost to Dallas in week 1 of the regular season.

Also not the only team to go undeafeted on the road...1972 Dolphins were undefeated all season as were the Patriots this season.

Oh and I am a Cowboys fan.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, they did loose in Dallas. Not sure what I was thinking of, may have misheard Terry Bradshaw last night...

So as a Cowboy fan, do you think the Giants are a fluke? The Giants faced NE in the preseason: 27-20 then in week 16: 38-35. In the latter game, NE had 44 yds. rushing vs. Giants 79 yds., Eli had 4 TD to Tom's 2. What I'm saing is, the Giants, I think, can at the very least "hang" with New England. Since your an NFC East guy, you supporting the Giants?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You are correct, they did loose in Dallas. Not sure what I was thinking of, may have misheard Terry Bradshaw last night...

So as a Cowboy fan, do you think the Giants are a fluke? The Giants faced NE in the preseason: 27-20 then in week 16: 38-35. In the latter game, NE had 44 yds. rushing vs. Giants 79 yds., Eli had 4 TD to Tom's 2. What I'm saing is, the Giants, I think, can at the very least "hang" with New England. Since your an NFC East guy, you supporting the Giants?
I think the Giants are playing extremely well right now, and have an excellent chance to at least hang with NE if not pull out an upset. Any team can win on any given sunday...look what happend in the divisional round...they beat the Cowboys after the Cowboys beat them twice before.

As for your second question, its a bit of a moral dilemna because as a Cowboys fan, it goes against every morsel of my being to root for any other team in the same Conference as Dallas. However, I also inexplicably despise New Englandwith every fiber of my soul. Frankly, I wish they could both lose. But since that is not an option, I hope the giants win to prevent perfection.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, right on. Oh and your A Cowboys fan moving to Rochester? Damn... that hurts. You in the USAF? Whats your AFSC?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Cool, right on. Oh and your A Cowboys fan moving to Rochester? Damn... that hurts. You in the USAF? Whats your AFSC?
Yes, I am leaving tomorrow to head up to Rochester NY, (Brockport, more specifically). I am currently in the Air Force but not for very much longer, I am on Terminal Leave as of tomorrow and my AFSC was 2E271. IT, Here at Andrews I was basically working as a Network Administrator.

Ohh and you are A New York Giants fan living in Tuscon, Arizona (Been there before)

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
The giants deff have a chance. Like said above any body does. They are obviously both good teams, so it comes down to who throws better, who runs better, who defends better, who blocks better. the giants have been playing extremly well. However with 2 missed FG's last night, id be a little worried about a close game. it wont be as cold, but it still could be windy down in AZ.

since ur in AZ are u gonna go scalp some tickets? If you do, the trick is ask to make sure they are real, look at them grab em and run.(friend actully did that at a concert) you should atleast go tail gate for some of it!!!!!! my friend is going to tailgate down there, listen to some Tom Petty.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
The only reason I want to see the Patriots win and go undefeated, is so that the stupid fawking 1972 Dolphins that get together every year to celebrate what a fluke their season was can finally go pound sand.

That'll make me happy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only reason I want to see the Patriots win and go undefeated, is so that the stupid fawking 1972 Dolphins that get together every year to celebrate what a fluke their season was can finally go pound sand.

That'll make me happy.
HAHAHAHA no shit. :beer

We will be going to Tailgate though, and 96GreenMonster, the stadium is a Dome. Its a new NFL requirement to play the SB in a dome now. I'm ripping my Direct TV dish off my roof and taking it down with us. :chili:

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
as a jets fan, i despise the pats. i'll be pulling for big blue the whole way, but no way would i ever bet against new england. i hate to say it, but they're just too good. i think it will be another close game, but in the end, i think (and i really hope i'm wrong) ne will have their perfect f'ing season. as if that cawk bellichick isn't arrogant enough already.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
as a jets fan, i despise the pats. i'll be pulling for big blue the whole way, but no way would i ever bet against new england. i hate to say it, but they're just too good. i think it will be another close game, but in the end, i think (and i really hope i'm wrong) ne will have their perfect f'ing season. as if that cawk bellichick isn't arrogant enough already.
does anyone else notice, how he is really never happy with just a win. they win game after game, never cracks a smile(atleast i havent seen on) he is soooooooooo monotoned, and never shows emotion....but maybe thats how he wins:shrug

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
The superbowl is gay cause its only a few miles from my house. traffic is going to be a bitch the week an weekend leaking up to. Ill be glad when it gets the hell out of town

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I'm actually really disappointed with the match this year. I wanted Jacksonville to shut the pats down, that didn't happen, and I was pulling for GB all the way. Now that both are out I'm probably not gunna pay much attention to the game. I'll be pulling for the Giants simply because I dispise the pats. I have a huge disliking for tom brady and would like to see him get shut down after a perfect season.... cocky SOB.

·
Yar
1,440 Posts
i think you may have a case of just reading one source....

check out mike and mike in the morning, ive been listening to them this season and they have been amazing

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
As for your second question, its a bit of a moral dilemna because as a Cowboys fan, it goes against every morsel of my being to root for any other team in the same Conference as Dallas. However, I also inexplicably despise New Englandwith every fiber of my soul. Frankly, I wish they could both lose. But since that is not an option, I hope the giants win to prevent perfection.
:stupid

1 - 20 of 40 Posts