Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. been on FSB for awhile, but now its time to be apart of it. Sooo.. I'm installing a Vortech v3 S-trim supercharger w/ Air/Air intercooler. Will be including pics and as much info as possible so that it will be of use to someone else:rockon

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
If you host them on Supermotors they will be resized for you...

We NEED pics!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok.. here we go...

This is what is getting installed. Luckily for me, most of the blower stuff I have here lying around the shop! so it makes my life alittle easier. For anyone wanting to do this, picking up a used kit from a Fox body Mustang will get you most of the parts and pieces you need.

The blower kit I have is from a 98-99 F150
Blower bracket is a new piece from Cutting Edge
Lower crank pulley is from a 89-93 Fox body Mustang blower kit
39# injectors (for now 60's are going in later..to be continued....)
FRPP injector adaptors
Walbro's new 405lph intank fuel pump
The MAF is going to be from a 05up Mustang slot style as a blow thur
93 overdrive water pump pulley
Air/Air intercooler
MSD 6AL2

Mods.. How can I write in descriptions between the photos??

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a 347 so I needed a good balancer (to anyone putting a supercharger on, I highly recommend putting a high quality balancer on your motor! the factory one will come apart)

To make the belt system line up correctly, FRPP makes billet crank pulley spacers. You will need one to make this work.

When I ordered the blower bracket I opted for the studs to install it and I highly recommend it! way easier as you can see in the pics below. I had to make some adjustments to my acc bracket and the blower bracket due the the type of cyl heads I'm running, but for anyone running factory or factory type cyl heads you can have the blower bracket installed in 20 mins or less! (or less then two beers!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oil feed and Oil drain

going to eat lunch... be back in a few:beer

Attachments

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
How will ya tune it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How will ya tune it?
SCT/Binary Editor/QuarterHorse

HuhWhat
I wish you would try again with the pics. Several of then are chopped off.
What tool are you using to resize?. If you have Win XP you should use MS Powertools and for Win 7 use paint.
PowerToys is here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-xp
Neat project
Thnks,PaulW
Is that any better? everything looked right when I opened them, but I redid them anyways.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used -8an for the oil return, but any hose that is fuel/oil resistant will work.

for the oil feed I used -4an stainless braided

I showed the pic with the tap I used to thread the fitting in for the return. I used grease to catch the metal so it wont go into the pan. I then tack welded the fitting to the pan and used Ford grey silicone.

Attachments

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Glad to see someone using forced induction the RIGHT way on a Bronco. Nice work, You may want to consider a snorkel if you're going to go through water, or watery mud.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
looks like fun, sure will be a blast to drive. keep the pics coming.

i think you are putting the pics on here in batches, yes? if you put the pics on individually, you will be able to write captions for them no problem. at least that is how it works with supermotors...not sure how you posted tho.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How long have you had the 347 in it, looks a little leaky?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.

looks like fun, sure will be a blast to drive. keep the pics coming.

i think you are putting the pics on here in batches, yes? if you put the pics on individually, you will be able to write captions for them no problem. at least that is how it works with supermotors...not sure how you posted tho.
Yes I am doing them in batches. I'll give that a go when I start with the coolers and the intercooler

How long have you had the 347 in it, looks a little leaky?
Its been in there for about 1 1/2 years or so. In those pics I was going some other maintenance stuff and made a spacer for the water pump to the factory bracket. So most of what you see is coolant. Surprisingly the motor does not leak any fluids.:beer

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
sweet man. im itching for some boost too. once you have it you cant live with out it!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts