Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see most of you guys are runnin i think the sperflex coils from cage. Anyone know the weight rating on those? Im doin a 4wd conversion on a 79 crewcab and im goin with cage arms. I want to use a coil that will ride nice and still flexx great but still hold up to the weight of the crew. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Depending on how much lift, Cage are having springs made to their own spec. Most likely made by Deaver - who make most of them. They are a small outfit - call em up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 79 crew longbed. I want to run 38" tires. Either a 460 or a 6.9 IDI will power it. I might have to give them a call. Someone told me that cage quit sellin to the public though

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey cheeto. Good to see you over here.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I see most of you guys are runnin i think the sperflex coils from cage. Anyone know the weight rating on those? Im doin a 4wd conversion on a 79 crewcab and im goin with cage arms. I want to use a coil that will ride nice and still flexx great but still hold up to the weight of the crew. Thanks for any info.
cage does not make or sell the superflex coils.

if your putting a oil burner up front I advise against superflex coils.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've heard their 6" springs end up giving you closer to 7" or 8" of lift...obviously that depends on a lot of things...engine's, and bumpers, and winches and what not

·
Banned
495 Posts
im going to try the cage 6.5" progressives coils in my 78 bronco with the 6.9 idi cheeto.. im the same name as on FTE also.. nice to see you here.. im also going with the cage extended arms..

Ray

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've heard their 6" springs end up giving you closer to 7" or 8" of lift...obviously that depends on a lot of things...engine's, and bumpers, and winches and what not
If your referring to the CAGE 6 in progressive coils they netted right at 6" of lift on mine. You can look at the link in my first post for a complete review of the installed springs along with....field testing:toothless

·
Registered
247 Posts
So, are there two sets of 6" superflex coils? One progressive rate, and the other linear? Or, is there only one type of 6" coil, the ones that were introduced in late '07? I've been going back and reading old posts, trying to figure it all out, and there's just so many people saying different stuff in different threads.

I'm honestly looking to clear a 40" tire...I might run a 38 or so, but I want the choice. As much as I really like the superflex coils, I'm tempted to just run a 9" skyjacker coil, and call it a day. That way I know I'd clear it all fine...but, if a set of superflex coils gives me more than 6" of lift...I'd rather go with those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts