Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i reeallly need to replace my shocks, and i'll need tires by the end of the year also so i figured maybe lift it just a little while i'm at it so i can get bigger tires. I'm looking around at 2" kits. Skyjacker has a kit with shocks at a decent price, and they advertise the max tire to be 35x12.5. Does anyone have this setup or know anyone? 35's seems to be pushing it with only 2". I'm not opposed to trimming the bumper but i'm not hacking my fenders.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Err... It'll likely rub when you turn, but it'll prolly work without hacking anything up... I pulled my bumper off, running 36's on just a 3in body lift. But at the same time, I'm doing it because the 36's were convenient at the time. If I had a better option, I'd have nothing bigger than a 35.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Isn't a 2 inch just a level? Or is that 1.5"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have seen a lot of guy run 15" tires even at stock hight, just gotta take off or cut the front bumper as mentioned above. But ya, it looks cool, I say do it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i'm considering it, 35" km2s are only $4 more than 33" km2s on 4wheelparts.com. Oh and its a skyjacker lift i was brain dead earlier when i said superlift. however after shocks and all i can almost get a 4" lift with all 6 shocks for $600 which i only like $200 more than a 2" lift and i'd definitely be able to run 35s .. but this is a daily driver so i don't know if i shoujld go with 35s ... i've been racking my brain alllll day trying to decide.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
'87+ is a no-go for 35's with a 2" unless you want to do some serious cutting. Go with 33's and call it good.

Isn't a 2 inch just a level? Or is that 1.5"
2" is a level if you just install the front (hence, making it even with the rear). Both front and rear makes it a 2" lift.

well i'm considering it, 35" km2s are only $4 more than 33" km2s on 4wheelparts.com. Oh and its a skyjacker lift i was brain dead earlier when i said superlift. however after shocks and all i can almost get a 4" lift with all 6 shocks for $600 which i only like $200 more than a 2" lift and i'd definitely be able to run 35s .. but this is a daily driver so i don't know if i shoujld go with 35s ... i've been racking my brain alllll day trying to decide.
Don't run 35's with stock gears. You will hate yourself.

Why do some broncos have two shocks on each side and some with one ?? I have one
Tow/HD package.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you wanted to upgrade to duel shock buckets, it can be done for very little $$$. The parts are very common, just takes time cuting/grinding out all the rivits on the buckets. I see them up for sale on here all the time, or at the junk yard. Would be worth it to do the swap!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will have to do it then ... That's weird mine doesn't have two cause its a 90 .... But it doesn't have power anything except rear window so maybe with that trim that was deleted

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya the duel shock mounts are not standard equipment, part of the upgraded packages... they are common though, probably on like 50% of Broncos

·
Registered
633 Posts
A quality single shock will provide an excellent ride, don't sweat the dual shocks. I'd rather have a single good shock than 2 crappy shocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts