Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I put this in the right forum and don't get in trouble this time. I'm better at working on my bronco than trying to figure out this forum.

MY QUESTION
I am putting a 6" rough country lift on my 90 bronco, and found a SWEET deal on the superrunner steering system seen here.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-32745-superlift-superunner-steering.html

The installation page shows the TRE's are on Bottom, and a lot of the pictures of this steering system installed that I have found on the net have the TRE's on the top of the knuckle (i think that is what it is called where the TRE's attach). Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Firstly, I should make it clear that i have no personal experience with superrunner steering but I would suggest reading up on it before parting with your hard earned cash.
From what I have heard it is an inferior setup when compared to the stock inverted y as far as geometry is concerned (dont know about stretch though).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firstly, I should make it clear that i have no personal experience with superrunner steering but I would suggest reading up on it before parting with your hard earned cash.
From what I have heard it is an inferior setup when compared to the stock inverted y as far as geometry is concerned (dont know about stretch though).
and this is what I am looking for...others thoughts. I read up on this system and it seems as far as handling, its good if not better than the stock system. But...you can save the $$ bu just doing a TRE flip. My steering system is rusted to the max, and I dread even having to pull it. We'll see how the system works though. I wont be doing any crazy wheelin just playing in some mud on some decent trails. Nothing too crazy until I learn more about fixing things I break on the trails ;)

others opinions....

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed a 6" ProComp lift and 35" tires on my 93. All I did was the drop pitman arm and had it aligned, and as far as the steering goes, it handles just fine. Not a whole lot different than stock, but I do find it wandering a bit depending on the ruts in the roadway. That is due to the wider tires though. I may do the tie rod flip at some point, but I don't think I would drop money on the super runner kit. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
no experience with that kit here either, but i remember someone saying its good for street handling, and thats about it. it will limit travel offroading, and there are just more parts concerned. i personally would invest in something else than this. replace the junk steering parts you have now, you can do a flip if you want, and put it somewhere else.

the reason i think you should go with this is, if you ever decide to go more hardcore wheeling or a swap, youd have to get rid of it. and that could be a waste of money in the long run.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
KHC067. If you want opinions I'll throw mine in too. I checked out the Super Runner system but to tell you the truth I went with the TRE Flip, and just replaced the steering components, which you can do as $ allows or all at once, and everything sits in a nice straight line which is what you want! I have a 4" lift and went with the same size drop pitman arm but I've heard you can use the stock one with similar results. The $ you'll save NOT buying the system will pay for the tie rod ends, drag link, and connecting sleeves if you need them. I don't run a steering stabilizer so I can keep in touch with any wander that may start to develop and to limit tire wear. If you do the flip, buy or borrow a reamer, don't try to fake it with a step drill. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard sells the cones that go into the reamed holes at the top of the knuckles for cheap. Use the search button to find out how to, it's easier than you think and you'll feel good after you're through....:thumbup -Kevin-

I have since changed from the JBG cones to Dan @ RuffStuff's cones which are 100% better and easier to use. You drill a 7/16th's hole in the top and the cones have a slit all the way down the cone so they adjust tightly inside the hole unlike the JBG solid cones. Then you just tap them all the way down and they have a ridge at the top that stops them where they need to be unlike JBG's ones that will drop in as far as you've reamed the hole, correct or in-correctly reamed! Dan's are like $8.00 a piece and much more sturdy and way easier to install......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts