Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't taken the Bronco out at all lately. Only took it out for some real wheeling once since the lift, gears and lockers. I also want to take my girlfriend and her daughter out camping so I thought this would be a good time to see if anyone wanted to do a weekend trip out to Superstition. Maybe head out friday? Saturday? Spend the night and head back. Wheel around during the day and have some fun and then have a good old camp fire. Robert, you in? Chris? Anyone else in the OC area want to venture out? I am not a trail expert for Superstition but I have been out enough times to know my way around and have some fun. :beer

·
Registered
845 Posts
Great to hear from you,

I would defiately be in for something like this, Robert get's his permit soon, (16 on the 11th...)

his Bronco is coming along nicely, and he is dying to take it out,,,

give me a call, and let's set something up...

Chem

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just been busy lately. And with the weather like it is I haven't wanted to go out. Lets try to plan something so he can drive his truck out also and wheel with us a bit. It would be a fun trip. Bring your wife and kids and we can have a chill family trip.

·
Registered
845 Posts
It would be great to see all the Southern SoCal guys together...again, wheeling..

Late feb or early march would be best...
Also, I have been tossing around the idea of a M&G here on pendleton again,,

like the last one,,maybe april...

M&G, Family day.. museums, etc..

If anyone is interested let me know..

Last time we did the Amphibiuos Museum and the Mechanized Museum, with guided tour by the guy that restores all the equipment (it has changed alot over the last year)

We had a BBQ and jumper(for the kids) at the lake here on base..

just throwing it out there.. let me know if interested...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Living dead..

Since the lift I only went out once wheeling.

I went out to the desert with some people from work. Tried to follow a Pre Runner (see 100,000 truck) and some quads and got lost and ended up driving into a 5 foot deep ditch at night that I didn't see. Since then I just took a hammer and fixed the fender and bought a 2003 Mini Cooper S. That has been taking alot of my time and cash but I want to get the bronco out again.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was wondering what happened after the witches eye incident..

The kids ask about you alot, as a matter of fact, Kyle saw a car the other day, and said hey dad, that looks like a Escondido Chris car..

It was a old chopped and dropped caddy, black with flames.. it was a nice ride..

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I was toying around with going to TDS this year, but if you guys want to hit Supestition end of feb/ begining of mar, I would rather do that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell the Fam I say HI. I still want to hit up that DRMO place. What all have you done to your sons bronco? Want to make sliders for either trucks? I haven't used the welder in a while and I am in the mood to make something.

I will see what my shifts look like for the end of Fem and march and try to plan a weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'll go for a run(8th or 15th)...shocks come in this week...cage starts the week after that.
Rob, if we do a M&G on Pendleton i know a guy with the LCAC. can't do much to get one running on the weekend, but something to look at.

·
Registered
821 Posts
what if your not from San Diego area?? offroad place called superstition sounds like a blast for a weekend trip... I just have NO idea where it is...

·
Registered
845 Posts
The LCAC would be awesome,

and we could do Red Beach after that,, you can pull right down on the beach, dogs allowed and fire pits galore..

as for wheeling,, hmmm..

well, the environmental nazi's would freak,,,

we could do a run up to Kay Springs to see the buffalo, etc...

for ease and convenience,,, i LCAC, and beach or LCAC, Mech museum and lake/BBQ...

a overnighter to superstition would be great as well,,

Robert could take his by then and julie would probably make it out too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
talked to them at the office today, no problems with us doing tours of the LCAC.
Red Beach wouldnt be a bad place. i know they get kind of grumpy about 4wheeling down there...but parking the trucks there should be some fun. last time i was there it was full of pot holes(big enough to swallow an LCAC)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts