Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read this on FTE and was wondering if any of you have heard about it or used it. check it out

Come to think of it, it might not be the HOLY GRAIL for everyone. But may help for a lot of people here.

Like everyone that has changed the IAC, TP, Cleaned the intake a couple of times or more, Cleaned the TB, got no code, tested the TFI, changed the PIP/DIZZY, triple checked all the vacuum lines, checked the EGR, changed the ACT, changed, ECT, checked the thermactor system ......and still got the IDLE SURGE PROBLEM where the RPM is searching and searching but cant find that steady idle. I have found the answer....."Idle air control adapter".

An adapter that looks like a spacer that sandwiches between the TB and IAC that has two hex heads screws for fine idle adjustments.

you can get it at the ford dealer part#F2PZ-9F939-A (KIT-ENGINE IDL) for about $35 bucks.

I am a very happy camper ....

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Heard about it, haven't used it. Great for radical setups still using EEC-IV, though.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did a search and it showed someone with it on there. i was just wondering what the hell it actually does. from i get you can adjust the hex screws to control the air flow

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Very similar to opening up the idle air screws on a carb.On a 302 you discard one of the 2 screws in the air passages of the plate and adjust the second to get idle quality.On 351 you keep both and adjust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discard one of the two screws?

How so? If I pull that screw all the way out of the plate then I have essentially have a hole in my IAC valve sucking air from outside and into the manifold. Is that a good thing?

I have the adapter on there and was wondering if the screw adjustment could be the cause of a lean O2 condition registered in my EEC?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, Mr. Yam Hater, how would you go about adjusting the base idle? Steve83 sent me the idle set screw instructions for resetting the base idle on EFI motors, but I can't make it out :cry .... Let me know!

:beer

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts