Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 TOPIC THREAD! :) (instead of posting 3 times in a row)

1 ]MAIN topic: My 92' 302 automatic bronco surges under low rpm low load acceleration. Not hard but but its anoying. Any tips before I start chasing it down? (my plan of attack without any advice is to have my brother scan it with his MODIS, and if that turns up nothing to give the ingition system a once over, then maybe a fuel filter, then maybe a professional fuel system cleaning, then?)

2] another topic: I want to mounts some fog lights (amber btw) on the front of my bronco... only problem is I cant find a good place to mount them. I cant stand ghetto looking stuff... it has to look CLEAN or factory. I saw someone write up somthing on getting a superduty bumper (that has holes in it) and using that but that seems a bit much for just foglights (unless i can find the bumper cheap). One time I thought I saw FACTORY (that fit the curves) fog lights in the grill of a 92+ bronco, if im not seeing things I could get those and use amber bulbs.

3] Finally: What can I do to help extend the life of my auto tranny other than install a cooler. I daily drive my bronco around campus (stop and go) and pull my RX7 auto-x race car on the interstate. I was wondering if there were any shift kits, or other ways to raise line pressure, or any other methods to keep my tranny alive longer. In the close future I plan on installing a tranny cooler. But even got a question there. Should plumb it before or after the cooler in the radiator and where can I get an inline filter (screw type).

Well that about does it... thanks guys

·
Banned
18,618 Posts
I don't think so... :shrug

1) Buy your own paperclip & pull your own codes. Check for vacuum leaks - several people have found the plenum gasket sucked into the runners.

2) They were aftermarket, and probably just cheapo rectangulars that happened to be about the size of the grille openings. Check Wal-Mart, parts stores, online...

3) Change the fluid & filter every 30Kmi, put on the biggest cooler you can afford AFTER the radiator in fluid flow but physically in FRONT. Sixlitre will be along momentarily with some photos of his screw-on filter mod. :toothless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts