Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK y'all here it is.
Yes I did search and no I haven't pulled codes yet.
Most of the surging issues I found in search point to the TPS but I really don't want to go there if I don't have to. What I'm doing this weekend is pulling the plugs and cleaning/regapping them, that may not fix it but it can't hurt to try. I'm also looking for a possible vacuum leak. What she's doing is surging and jumping about 100-300 rpms when cold. After she's warmed up really good (about 30 min of driving) most of this, sometimes all of it, goes away. She is also running higher on the RPMs than usual, like she's lacking power (about 3000 @ 60 instead of 2750/2800). Could the vacuum modulator be going south? (its a C6 tranny) and if so, do you have to drop the pan to change/check it? Between class and work time is at a premium here and money is tight. I was laid off just before Thanksgiving and just started working again on the 3rd so I haven't been paid yet (hence the cheap maybe fixes I'm trying). Am I on the right track or pissing in the wind?

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I haven't taken the first step but I may not need to now. When I went to regap the plugs the boot on the number 6 wire was baked and cracked. The wire inside was charred. Replaced that with another wire I had laying around and everything seems good now. :chili: :chili:
Monday will be the real test.

Out of the 3 plugs I pulled to regap they all looked as good as they did 6 months ago when I put them in. I replaced the wires at that time and found the 90 degree boots would cook so I replaced them with straight boots about 2 weeks later. The replacement wire was one of the 90s. Guess I'm gonna have to come up with the funds to get some Ford racing 9mm with the 45 degree boots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts