Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.survivalstraps.com/

One of the guys at my fire department was telling me about these. They seem pretty cool. And the fact that 20% goes towards wounded soldiers and firefighters. The bracelets and stuff actually seem pretty cool too. Each bracelet has 15' of 550lb parachute cord that can be unwound and used in emergencys and if used if you send then the story and the unwound bracelet they'll replace it for free

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Yep, paracord bracelets. I know a bunch of guys stationed overseas that make all kinds of shit with paracord to kill time.

I have a few that I wear.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
They sell these now? We made these things while deployed. Use the same wrap but about 30 or 40 feet, with a d-ring and you have a good 1-point sling for you're flak. Sure beat spendin money on one.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I want to buy a spool of the 550 paracord off of ebay buy ive heard there is Real and Fake- How can I tell the difference ?

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
i just get bored and make shit like that.

this was my last project. also did the lever loop on my .30-30

took like 90ft then i ran out

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Looks good and if they do give a percentage it would be worth it. When I was in, we used to make all kinds of stuff out of the 550 cord. It's been enough years that I've forgotten alot of the weaves we used. I do still have a nice Monkey's fist that has a 5" ball bearing in the center. Still wrapped as tight as the day I made it. I saw a few articles over at http://www.instructables.com/ where they show you how to make them. I've even still got a few hundre feet of the stuff somewhere in a closet. I may just have to bring it back out and relearn how to braid again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
here is one i made a little while ago out of some 1/8" cord from wally world.. not legit paracord but it works for experimental purposes :thumbup

·
My Bronco Isn't My Only
1,014 Posts
Sick. Think I'm gonna buy one of the bracelets for me and an anklet for my chick.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Anyone know how they do that? I got tons of that stuff lying around...

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
Anyone know how they do that? I got tons of that stuff lying around...
do what? the bow wrist thing? my guess is they braided 3 strands of it then wrapped it with 1-2 more pieces.

my project for this summer is a rifle sling

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
the whole braiding thing, never did anything like that before, wouldn't even know how to start. Seems you can do alot. I looked at the site at the top of the post, i really like the watchband, and some other stuff

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Google it, you'll find all sorts of braid patterns. There are even a bunch of youtube videos on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts