Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello men. I'm about like gunterelectric. Been wheeling a 90 5spd for a couple of years. Stock ht and 32's.

Been looking @ a bronco for sale down the road with a new like 6 inch suspension lift from skyjacker or highlift or something.

Lift looks like bs. Drop brackets in front and big blocks in back.

Think I'll just lift the one I have. Don't know what to get. Want a 4 inch suspension with least problems for econo price. Truck gets wheeled in all terrain from nc coast to wv mountains.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read it 2 yrs ago. Read it 4 times in last 2 days.

Don't know ins and outs of the packages.

Just a quick which one you guys like will be great.

Thanks again

·
ford freak
731 Posts
what are you calling econo price? if you get a kit with extended rad arms, then your looking at $800-1000...if you go with a basic used 4" you can get by with $300-400, and if you cut you fenders to fit tires your looking at less than $10

·
Registered
11,108 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm not too sure what kind of terrain you plan on wheeling through. I know the terrain I want to see, and expect to want to see once I have my lift and a bit more trail gear.

I'm budgeting AT LEAST $1600 probably more like $2000 for a 4in lift. I'm looking at bilstein monotube shocks, high quality brake lines, and either a rancho or skyjacker stage 2 kit with full rear springs (mine are stock 82 w/a bunch of sag).

I've read on this board, I lurk over on pirate, and lurk over on offroadfabnet. I've learned a BUNCH the past few months.

I only want to cry once, and then be off wheeling.

·
Registered
904 Posts
you are asking the wrong question, or atleast not providing all the information. The most important factor when choosing a lift is what size tires you want to run. A lift kit is there so that you can run bigger tires, which will increase your clearance under the axles. Some would argue that lift kits will also allow better flex, but on our broncos, unless you are dumping serious money into a TTB lift (ie prerunner guys) you arent going to see a huge difference in flex.

P.S. your name sucks :goodfinge

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Want to run 33's

Sorry about name.

I have a gmc 2500 454 suburban 4x4 that is a terrible piece of s__t if that makes you feel any better.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've got 33's with no lift. had to adjust the limit bolts on the knuckles to stop the rubs.

I disagree with the lift providing no additional flex. I know I hit my bump stops all the time at stock height. With some lift and longer radius arms, I expect to benefit from some additional flex.

·
Registered
904 Posts
oh you will probably see some additional flex, but not much at all.

Fixorrepair, personally, i wouldnt bother with a lift if you are only running 33s. You will get better and cheaper performance by removing a little bit of fender.

If you already have 32s, why go to 33s? you arent really going to see a difference. I would advise you to jump to a 35 if you really want to see a big gain, and tha twould also justify a lift.

But 33" tires do not need even a 4" lift.

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
oh you will probably see some additional flex, but not much at all.

Fixorrepair, personally, i wouldnt bother with a lift if you are only running 33s. You will get better and cheaper performance by removing a little bit of fender.

If you already have 32s, why go to 33s? you arent really going to see a difference. I would advise you to jump to a 35 if you really want to see a big gain, and tha twould also justify a lift.

But 33" tires do not need even a 4" lift.

I agree, go with 35" tires. There the way to go. More clearence and looks good. :beer

A 4" lift would do just fine. If you put a 4" lift and get 33" tires, your tires will look to small...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm taking all this in. Don,t know if my 302 will turn 35's.
Have not changed the high gear. Don't want to change them til i break one.

Don't really want to cut the fenders cause its such a clean body.

Another stupid question: Where do I get the cheapest good fender " Cover the cut " kit?

I appreciate all the good info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts