Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 95 Bronco that is in dire need of a new suspension. 161,000 miles and I know they have not been taken care of. I like the stock height of it and at most would do a 2 inch body lift. What would be the best setup to give me the most comfortable ride. Not a ton of off-road will be done with this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
IMO body lifts are hideous and a pain in the ass. Look at some 2" leveling coils with the adjusters, new shocks (Bilstein or something similar) and you can clear 33's if you choose to do so.

But first get your front end components in check, tie rods, ball joints, pivot bushings, radius arm bushings, etc

If all of the above are suspect you'll see a drastic improvement in your ride quality without doing any lift or other suspension mods.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,844 Posts
a body lift wont help your suspension at all. if anything running the larger tires with stock setup will be even worse. Get yourself a nice 4" kit and be done with it. the ride quality will be night and day different in a good way.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you arn't going to lift, then new shocks is the first purchase. Then you need to check tire air pressure and tire wear. Then evaluate your ride quality.

Pull to either side or pulsing on braking - double check brake rotors and pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suspension issues big time

Hey all, I have a 95 full size.....I love it...such a beast...however....in the past 7 months or so I have noticed a drastic change. Whenever I hit a bump, it feels like my ass is hitting the pavement.....I've taken it to different auto shops, with little to no luck. I replaced the tires with some all terrain...nothing crazy...that helped some, but it is a real bitch to drive......the problem feels like it is coming from the rear end...I've had folks look at the shocks and nothing......I know these trucks ride a lil rough but this is more than a lil rough...before I go dumping tons of $$$ would like to get some thoughts....thanks for any help

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Sounds more like your shocks to me. Bronco's most generally ride soft and smooth. What tire pressure are you running? What shock valving? and how old are they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suspension issues big time

not sure about the shock valuing, but the tire pressure is good to go. I've been racking my brain over this, and I did have the shocks replaced by a shop that was a bit shady, I am not wondering if they put the wrong size or installed the rear shocks wrong ( not sure if that is possible) they are pro comps about a year old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts