Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the works on getting a 90 Bronco XLT, and I plan to do major work on it. I was wondering, I am a serious newbie at this and have little to no experience about this stuff. I was planning on getting a 6" suspension lift (prefferably skyjacker) and I was wondering after I put it on or have someone put it on do I have to buy shocks for it or does the suspension kit basically come with shocks. I know it sounds dumb,sry,anyhelp would be great. I am just trying to plan ahead and stuff.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Some places include them, and some don't. Just make some phone calls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it was sort of a dumb question to ask, sorry. Just like one more thing though. I am looking at a skyjacker 6" suspension lift, and I am pretty sure it doesn't come with shocks. Would like most shocks be compatibal with it or is that somthing else to call around for ?

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
a 6" lift is a 6" lift .. doesn't really matter :shrug

you should be getting a complete kit if you do it right anyway .. just be sure to ask questions to whoever you buy it from

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
like the guys said, depends on the kit, or deals they are running. you also need to know if it comes with a drop pitman arm, and what comes with the kit to lift the rearend. there is tons of options. check out some of the guys rigs here on the site. see what they run, and what they like. i think damager has a bds kit, and if i remember correctly likes it a lot, except for the rear lift blocks maybe. i have a tuff country and love it, with the exception of the stock radius arms. read around for a week or two, it will save you a lot of money in the long run, and you'll get what works for you best the first time.

K

·
0 Posts
like like like like like like :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak

haha, welcome, and what they said!:toothless

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
GearHead said:
. i think damager has a bds kit, and if i remember correctly likes it a lot, except for the rear lift blocks maybe. i.
Correct sir :thumbup I do like it alot .. spring rates feel very good on the road and the shocks dampen them very well off the road .. I do not have the blocks in the rear anymore .. I only have the stock pinion angle block .. so I am running a 6" lift in the front and stock in the rear with 2 'add a leafs'

you can see it sits a little lower, but not too much ...

still have to do the shackle flip :shrug

if you plan on getting in tough offroading situations DO NOT use rear lift blocks .. I lost my rear axle twice on the trail in one day... this is why I have removed them ... get the leafspring pack or do a shckle flip (do a search for shackle flip and you will see what it is)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts