Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! As the title says^ I need help with a good suspension setup, I have a 81 bronco and I wanna go 4in, I really liked the bds kit until I saw it had a block:banghead , I really wanna go with coil overs but.... I don't wanna go straight axle, so I'm kinda torn lol what do yall think?

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
Moved to the correct section.

Tell us a little more about your 81. What motor and trans do you have?

Tell us a little about what you want to do with the Bronco. Do you want to Daily Drive it, wheeling it hard, weekend light wheel, mall crawler etc..?

What is your budget?

Does the Bronco run in top shape without issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys! As the title says^ I need help with a good suspension setup, I have a 81 bronco and I wanna go 4in, I really liked the bds kit until I saw it had a block , I really wanna go with coil overs but.... I don't wanna go straight axle, so I'm kinda torn lol what do yall think? Btw: it's a build for me and my grandad and it's a daily driver:thumbup

·
Registered
140 Posts
iv read a lot about people not enjoying the 4 inch lift on here I have a 6 inch lift on mine lifted springs in the rear no blocks and I highly enjoy it

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered my kit from sdtrucksprings.com, you can customize your setup at really good prices. I substituted add a leafs for full springs for about half the cost of getting the springs separately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!
If you realy want to go coil overs do it! No need to go to a solid axle to runncoil overs. You can use one of many companys semi fabricated shock towers to replace your broncos coil tower, then its an easy bottom mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts