Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bronco is currently stock, and the best truck I've have ever had. My only complaint is that it does not do well on washboard roads, and I would like to fix that, or at least improve it. Driving 60mph on a washboard road for 150 miles sucks when you feel like your eyes are going to rattle out. What can I do to improve this without loosing anything from my 4x4? I have ideas but I would like to hear what the experts think.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
150 miles of washboards? good god man, where the F do you live?! I cna't think of anything that could take that kind of abuse for too long, good luck!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
wow, thats a really bad road. the only thing i can think of is a softer suspension and taller tire & i really dont know if that would help. i dont even think a caddy or town car would make that ride better & they were made for smooth rides. possibly adjustable shocks?

·
0 Posts
Maybe build a pre-runner out of it?
lower tire pressure and sloppy loose shocks.

The sloppiest shocks i have ever seen are the cheapest Pro-comp ones. Something like all 4 for 80 bucks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Different shocks, larger and wider tires. Must live in PA, all of our roads seem like that.

I wouldn't get a set of El Cheapo shocks, I'd get a set of adjustable shocks so u can find a setting that improves the ride. Might not be able to tune it where it rides like a caddy, but you can atleast find the best setting.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
:doh:

Bronco hovercraft? I like it! :beer

.......and here I was gonna suggest pilot lessons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts