Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im looking to see if anyone has it done. i cant get a motor cheap as of now and i want to see if anyone has done it to give ne some help on how they did it. like steps and soo on. i used to own a 2000 svt lightning and loved it so now i think i want to put the motor in my bronco for the pits. i want the baddest truck in the pits haha plus i want to see ppls faces after i do this. any help guys

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
There was that guy that put a 3-valve 5.4 in a 78 or 79 so it might fit

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
k1w1t1m said:
I think he installed the engine and tranny into the truck. Anything is possible but it won't be bolt in.

I thought he also chopped the firewall too, but that might have been to fit the new dash

BTW the enigne and tranny stuff would be easy, the wiring and getting teh gauges to work would be the biggest PITA to me at least

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a 1990 bronco and i want the supercgarged 5.4 in it. i used to own a 2nd gen lightning and loved it now i want something ti be bad ass in the pits. has anyone done it. cus if not im doing it

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
sjshredder said:
its a 1990 bronco and i want the supercgarged 5.4 in it. i used to own a 2nd gen lightning and loved it now i want something ti be bad ass in the pits. has anyone done it. cus if not im doing it
I dont' think anyone's actually gone ahead with the modular motor swap after researching it..

It's your time & money... hope you got plenty of both. Let us know how it goes. :thumbup

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
y is that shouldnt be that hard . all i ever build was boosted cars. lots of time. lots a vacum hoses lots of bullshit yea i know this but it will be nasty and fun. doing it all my self too all well ill do it

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
sjshredder said:
well the motor in is junk it feelslike it has a turbo lag. it has no go untill it hit like 3500 rpm then the think kick in. what do you think it is. it has no torque and sucks lol
Sounds like you might have a mustang motor in there, all topend power

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
isn't this the same way the sport truck engine will feel? Or do they make gobs of torque down low, too?
haha yea but the 5.4 w/charger comes on sooner but still not a real truck engine.. I know the 4.6 hp band is up at 3-4k, and my car runs damn good there but it doesn't go there much.

BTW where are you going to get a supercharged 5.4 lighting motor? I can't remem the last time i seen one for sale. What is the price on them? 5k? And if you are serioully going to do this I would get a totaled lighting so you can get everthing you need of the truck.

P.S. your money would be better spent rebuilding a 351w and making a stroker out of it. It will have alot better off the line power:beer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts