Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wet day @ Rausch Creek. It had rained solid almost the entire day before and did not stop pretty heavy rain the entire time we were there.
3 of us, Kev (reptillikus), Joe, (BronocJoe96) and me (OX1). Many trails were like driving through a river. We covered a lot of ground and
ran a decent amount of red trails. Helps when the smallest tire in the group is a 42.

I only have a couple pics/vids, but I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Very short vid

Crazy large vid file (159 meg) of above.

Rock Creek money shots.

Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture

The side window "shower curtains" had to come off almost immediattely. For some reason, I removed
the defroster ducts a while ago. So on defrost it was just blowing out the top of heater case. I grabbed
an extra radiator hose I had, mounted it inside heater case, and strapped it in a wire harness right below the dash.

It didin't blow air through the defrosters vents, but it did through the single dash speaker, (tiny holes, grill like opening)
that are in every 78/79. Yet another win for the best FSB's, the only one's that had only one radio speaker in the center of
front dash that doubles as a defroster vent. LOL!!.

Then the wipers started working only when the engine was tach'd up. And of course that doesn't work too well "crawling".

Picture

This thing is just a beast. I think it has bigger exh than Kev and I combined, LOL!!

Picture

Wheeled this thing like a pro as usual. The trails we ran and the spots he fits this thing through with
ZERO body damage are annoying to the rest of us mere mortals, who can't drive for shit. :rolleyes:

Picture

Look at that FLEX baby, with my 1" additional wheel travel up front :)

Picture

Weirdest thing I've seen in a while. It's said by "some" you should not be using gas anyway, here is your chance to do the "right" thing. :(

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like everybody had a great time, wish I could have made it. Seeing these pics & vids makes me think I need to swap in a set of 40's and a np435 doubler combo
Would be a decent compromise to get you around on the hrader trails, but still have less overall issues than with 44's (and be a bit more streetable).

It was rough getting thru there w/o smacking the hell out of the rear fender.
Do you have dual emerg brake cables now? It looked like only one rear wheel was locked up on that front dig you did.

Reactions: nineveh
1 - 4 of 4 Posts