Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the chance to pick up a early 90s ford pick up. its a 91 to 95 2wd. its in realy good shape with just a little rust here and there. what i need to know is how hard would it be to swap all my good parts off my bronco thats an 86 to make this newer truck carbd. i have a new tranny,motor, and the tranfer case has been reseald. ive read that the front end is a direct swap. what would i need to swap my 351 into this truck and make it run. im not realy interested in keepin the fuel injection unless it will work on my 86 motor.:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and what about my 9in rear end. i know the newer trucks are vss and u cant swap the rear ends. and if thats the case how new off a truck can i get to swap my parts into. i just put alloy usa axles and new gears and brakes into this rear end so i kinda want to keep it and as many parts i can. I HAVE SEARCHED BUT couldnt find anything that was for sure

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
91-95 is too broad of a range of information, many differences like MAF/SD, and transmissions.

No for the 9", and don't swap the carb crap, keep it EFI, which you'll have to if you have any kind of inspection.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 93 with an auto. 2wd with a 302

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would like o keep what i already have wich is a carb setup. so getting ride of the fuel injection is a must on this truck. dont have the extra cash rite now to go out and buy all the fuel injection stuff. but the truck is a 93. what year should i look for beside my generation to swap my stuff into?88??????????/

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
well, my suggestion is to keep the EFI.

have fun making the electronic transmission work with a carb.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i waqnt to use my motor tranny and transfer case. the f-150 the motor and tranny is junk in. just thought it mite be a strait foward swap with my stuff into that truck. and whats wrong with my truck. wiring harness cought on fire and the frame is cracked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.