Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 ton cc dually when I bought the truck it has a 500 c.i. cad engine 400 turbo.I bought an adapter to put a 700 R4 in it. Since then I've heard you can swap a 4x4 into it direct. Ijust was wondering if anyone had any ideas which would be the best swap. Don't need to keep the cad engine.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
WTF?? Is this a cross breed or are you messin with a chebby?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FORD 1ton 4x4 swap

This truck is a ford 1 ton .Igot pulled away from thisforum just got back. I'd like to keep the rear duals so I don't know as what would be best front end etc. to swap into it. I also bought a 1984 4x4 3/4ton at the same auction the same day for $600.00 . Deal is it only has a 351 C6 setup.So I can drop a 460 as long as I reshaft the trans. Or go chevy drive line and keep the cad. or ?.S/T

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
smokeytires said:
This truck is a ford 1 ton .Igot pulled away from thisforum just got back. I'd like to keep the rear duals so I don't know as what would be best front end etc. to swap into it. I also bought a 1984 4x4 3/4ton at the same auction the same day for $600.00 . Deal is it only has a 351 C6 setup.So I can drop a 460 as long as I reshaft the trans. Or go chevy drive line and keep the cad. or ?.S/T

You need to Search on that 460 swap..it takes a bit more than a reshaft.

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
Good luck. I'm still kind of confused as to what you want to do. From what I can tell you have 2wd dually and you want to make it a 4x4. You'll need a front axle probably a D60 since it's a 10 ton. You will also need transfercase and a transmission that can connect to the transfer case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts