Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to swap the front and rear axles from a 1984 to a 1993?
I am asking because I currently have a 1984 with 4:10 gears and I want to swap the whole axle assembly into my 1993. Also if I can swap will there be any trouble other than no ABS?
Thanks Ryan

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
The front TTB Pig assy should bolt right into your 93. I am not to sure on the rear axle. The newest truck I have ever owned was an 85. I hate the newer computer, tone ring, and all the sensor crap.

·
Banned
19,595 Posts
You'll lose the speedo, cruise, 4WABS, transmission shifting (if you have the E4OD or 4R70W), and the overhead console's temperature won't work right (if you have one).

You'd be MUCH better off just regearing the '93 axles, if you think it's really necessary.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Steve83 said:
You'll lose the speedo, cruise, 4WABS, transmission shifting (if you have the E4OD or 4R70W), and the overhead console's temperature won't work right (if you have one).

You'd be MUCH better off just regearing the '93 axles, if you think it's really necessary.
He could swap third members up front no problem, right? So he'd only have to regear the 8.8.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
So he don't have a 3rd member already in his 93 that he can put back in his 84? Makes sence to me that he does.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
lightnin said:
The front TTB Pig assy should bolt right into your 93. I am not to sure on the rear axle. The newest truck I have ever owned was an 85. I hate the newer computer, tone ring, and all the sensor crap.

DITTO. ;) Like I've said before, I have never had my engine refuse to run right because of a stupid sensor failure. My sensors come out to gauges and the computer between my ears does a better job of determining if the engine should keep running when one shows a bad condition. How's that for getting off subject? :doh0715:

·
Banned
19,595 Posts
Put a '93 3.55 front chunk in an '84 truck with 4.10s out back??? If he's gonna rebuild a chunk, it might as well be the '93 to match the '93 rear he's building, and leave both '84 diffs alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts