Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay is there a forum on here on how to swap from EFI to Carb. I know im going to hear the uasual stuff from everyone about going into the stone age, going back in time ect ect ect. Im looking to do this cause for one the wireing under my hood is a dam nightmere thanks to the previous owner. I have electrial prob after electrical problemon it. I had a much more reliable and gas friendly truck with my old Carb set up I have a 5 speed manual in the truck so AOD tranny stuff to worry about. I just need help doing the swap if someone can tell me how. thanks guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Ill pay whoever wants to figure out the wireing mess and problem now. So far I have had a fuel system problem (fixed), ignition problem (fixed), chargeing problem (fixed) and now this new one as of a few days ago. when you get in the truck the check engin light will be on and there is bairly enough juice to light the dome light. But the barrery tests full. So when you turn the key NOTHING. Fuel pumps come on and that but No juice to turn on the lights, horn, hazards, radio, nothing. When you unhook the positive cable and touch it to the terminal you can hear the TFI mogual in the distributor click as well as a relay (believe its the ignition relay) and the check engin light comes on in the truck (this is with no keys in the truck mind you). I unpluged the ignition (under the dash) and it still does it. Olny time it wont is when you unplg the three wires comeing off the negative battery cable. My truck is a 1988 F150 4x4 with a 351 and 5 speed manual. No AC or power stuff in the cab. Just a bare work truck. If a new wireing harness dont do it Off comes the EFI and into the scrap pile those parts go.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dont kill it fix the harness you will thank yourself later on a steep incline.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
This is a common repeat question, DUMB!

If its a 1996, then you have a E4OD, if that is the case, you need to learn more on your Bronco before you mess with it even more!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
In a previous post, he said his truck was an 88 with a manual.

Also, swapping EFI for carbs is stupid, and this isn't a tech writeup. uber fail.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You may simply have a bad ground. If you really want to make it carbed, it would be pretty easy to eliminate all the wires for the sensors and fuel injectors and just wire in what is needed which is only a few wires. But I would take the time to track down the problem before ripping out the efi.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
i think you should definitley do the swap to carb. for this sage advice, i want your old efi stuff for the cost of shipping and a 12pack. :thumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts