Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a 460 in my bronco...

And I want to install my new headers but can't without the L&L motor mounts made for the headers...

Pretty much I don't want to drop the tranny and tcase (again, I can't even remember how many times I've done it...) and totally pull the hood and engine just to change the mounts.

Do y'all think I could swap the mounts just by unbolting the old ones and pulling the engine up a few inches?

Just wanted a few opinions b4 i got all greasy doin this...

·
Registered
434 Posts
i'm going to have to put different frame mounts under my 460 and i've already got everything bolted together and i don't feel like taking off the hood and unbolting the tranny so i'm just going to try and use our loader off of our jd 6310 tractor and pick the motor up about an inch or 2 and unbolt everything then bolt it back up. if you do just pick up the motor and change the mounts, tell me how it goes
good luck to ya
justin

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
What kinda motor mounts are you using and why won't they work with the headers? Which L&L headers did you get, the chassis or fender exit?

·
Registered
434 Posts
my headers hit the frame perches and we cut all we could to get them to work but they still liked about 1/8-1/4 of an inch still to go on the heads. Got on here to find something out about the headers and it says on there website (fits perfectly with hooker engine mounts) so i spent 600 bucks on the headers and i've been waiting over a month just on the damn mounts. o well life goes on i guess lol
justin

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
Don't pull a damn thing to change mounts just unbolt them and hook your engine puller to the front of the engine... Lift the engine high enough to get them out and install the new mounts....

If you don't have an engine hoist then use a jack to jack up the motor...

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
79F150 said:
Don't pull a damn thing to change mounts just unbolt them and hook your engine puller to the front of the engine... Lift the engine high enough to get them out and install the new mounts....

If you don't have an engine hoist then use a jack to jack up the motor...
thats what im planning on doing, cept im gonna use a forklift... should do the job with some chain...

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bronco Mels said:
What kinda motor mounts are you using and why won't they work with the headers? Which L&L headers did you get, the chassis or fender exit?
o sorry they are fender exit and im getting the L&L motor mounts. both are from bronco graveyard and that way i know the headers will fit... ill prob drop the exhaust and maybe do the headers myself while im under there....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts