Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 92 bronco has a 5.0 with a E4OD Automatic.
I recently scrapped and parted out a 96 F-150 with a 5.0 and M5OD-R2 Manual Tranny which had a severely rotten frame.
When I parted it out I kept the tranny, crossmember, driveshafts, ECU for 5.0 w/ manual tranny, all wiring harnesses for under the hood and to tranny, steering column (w/o cruise and w/o automatic shifter), tranny shifter and floor mounting plate, and the air intake box assembly.
Is there anything I'm missing for the conversion into my Bronco or are there any other concerns that may need to be addresses? like ABS?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
ABS should be a seperate computer on that. You will also need a flywheel, flexplate, clutch, lines, master cyl, slave cyl, and the big one...the quadrent. Once you have all of theese parts, swapping it is not hard, it is just time consuming. I have done it, but not on an eec vehicle.

SWS

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention those, I do have the flywheel, flexplate, clutch, master cyl, slave cyl, and brake/clutch petal assy with all accessories. What else? Also what's the best code reader I can get to troubleshoot issues as they arise which I expect.

ABS should be a seperate computer on that. You will also need a flywheel, flexplate, clutch, lines, master cyl, slave cyl, and the big one...the quadrent. Once you have all of theese parts, swapping it is not hard, it is just time consuming. I have done it, but not on an eec vehicle.

SWS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do u guys no if the m5od-r2 has the same bell housing pattern as the e4od? I'm looking into doing the swap myself . I've got a 92 xlt and was wheeling and the tranny started slamming into 2 and slipping like crazy but can't find another e4od. There are a couple cheap trucks for sale a 94 f-150 that is complete with the m5od-r2 and was considering getting it so I have all the pedals and clutch and fly wheel an etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry another question. I've got a 89 250 coming my way now that is complete so I should have everything there. Only problem is its a 6 cylinder so the ECU isn't gunna work cause I have the v8 302. I was looking for a new/ used ECU and in my reading see that I have a MAF that started in 92. So does that mean I need to find an ECU that is from 92 manual transmission that has the MAF? I also am rebuilding an 89 302 to go in with this transmission?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,881 Posts
you wont want to use the efi from the 96 as it will be OBD-II. also the ecu wont cause any issues if it doesnt see an auto tranny so again not a big deal. if your wanting maf on a 92 just run a mustang computer/harness and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts