Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than drive lines and tranny x member, will there be any prob using the shift cable in my 94 to shift the aod out of my 87?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
other than drive lines and tranny x member, will there be any prob using the shift cable in my 94 to shift the aod out of my 87?
It should work, the only thing is you will have a reccuring CEL for the tranny not being there.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
youll have computer problems-the e4od is electronic-aod-no....lookinto this i may be wrong and it might work fine
You're wrong.

It'll throw codes, and you *may* (I'm not sure if a TC slip code sets off the CEL) get the CEL on... but otherwise it'll drive fine. You won't have any driveability problems at all.

Just curious, why ya getting rid of the E4OD gearrat?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

·
Retired
16,015 Posts
The shifter points will be wrong on the steering column such as...IIRC

E4OD (has the push button on the end shifter)

P-R-N-D-2-1

AOD

P-R-N-D-3-2-1

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're wrong.

It'll throw codes, and you *may* (I'm not sure if a TC slip code sets off the CEL) get the CEL on... but otherwise it'll drive fine. You won't have any driveability problems at all.

Just curious, why ya getting rid of the E4OD gearrat?
cause the e40d is getting kinida shitty. plus the aod in my 87 after having it rebuilt only has like 2 or 3k on it. the most i will have to do is replace some seals cause it has sat for a while

The shifter points will be wrong on the steering column such as...IIRC

E4OD (has the push button on the end shifter)

P-R-N-D-2-1

AOD

P-R-N-D-3-2-1
hmmm funny i dont remember that shift writing on my 87 iirc it was 1-2 and the d with the circle round it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You'll get a recurring CEL for transmission oil temperature sensor. Ask me how I know!

I have the recurring CEL for TOT Sensor. The check balls in my valvebody are starting to get sticky causing delayed shifts once in a while.

-Tyler

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know, I keep on forgetting to measure resistance on a customers Bronco or 150 when they come in the shop, eventually Ill remember! Ive learned to live with it though, used to annoy the shit out of me, dont even notice it.

-Tyler

·
Registered
656 Posts
just to clear up a few things..

why not just goto a junkyard and get an older computer? aod truck with the same engine.....

Aod shifter is PRN(OD)D1
AOD is shifted via linkage and uses a TV cable from the throttlebody that must be added and ADJUSTED CORRECTLY..or you could ruin your tranny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts