Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, the truck is a 1993 Bronco Eddie Bauer with a 351W and an e4od:rockon. I have a few questions and need a little help. I am a young gun who loves mechanics but doesn't know everything. if you seasoned vets and wise old-timers could help me out, I would most appreciate it. That being said, here we go.

I am swapping the e4od and torque converter thats in it for another e4od and torque converter out of another truck that was in perfect working condition when it was pulled. can anyone give me a rundown of what i should be expecting, what problems I might run into, and what, if any, OEM/aftermarket replacement parts and/or fluids I will need in order to do this swap in a timely manner (I have 48 hours), and have my truck back in proper working order?

I have done various searches on here, and have found some useful info, but 1.) I am on dial-up, and 2.) I am hoping others have done this before and can give me the tips, tricks and useful info I will need to accomplish my mission without too many frustrations or accidental screw-ups!

Any and all info would and will be greatly appreciated. I have done alot of basic mechanics over the years, but a full tranny swap I have yet to battle untill now.

Thank you all in advance for your help and generosity

P.S. - I am going to buy a haynes/chilton manual in the morning so I have it on hand

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought a cheap craftsman motorcycle/atv jack for $60 so I could do the back brakes on my VF700S. It's perfect for pulling and installing auto tranys i've done two with it. It works great for axles as well

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
You shouldn't really have any problems, just a direct swap for the most part.

What did the new E4OD come out of? You may have to swap MLPSs if the one on the new E4OD doesn't match... not hard either way.

You'll need close to 20q of Mercon III ATF.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
As you're at Ft Campbell...check with the auto hobby folks. They should have all the equipment and can usually provide advice. If you're going to wheel your truck hard, search for info on trans fluid coolers with a remote filter. Lots of info on this forum on the subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts