Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 79 bronco, both rear sway bar brackets rusted threw and broke off on me. I Trying to find the bracket, only ones found was ones autozone and them have. Only problem is the bolt holes on the bracket don't match up. Was wondering if it be ok to drill them out a little bit to make them work? Also I was told to measure the bar take an adjustable wrench and place it on the bar then take off and measure inside diameter of that. This will give you the size of the bar. Only thing is I did this on a straight part of the bar but looks that part is bigger then where he bushings go. Is this the correct way or should i measure where the bushings go? If not then the reading im getting is the sway bar is 1 1/4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The sway bar is the same diameter all the way through one end to the other. You can use a crescent wrench or take a tape mesure to measure thickness of the bar. And you can drill out the holes to make it fit as long as you do not have to jeopardize the strength of the bracket.

Thanks Camo, I'm going to go back to autozone and make sure have good amount of metal left when once drilled. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts