Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am still a newbie at the bronco game but i was wondering who here drives without sway bars? I was thinking of taking out the rear one to unleash the flexi since I am saving up for a lift kit (6 inch rough country) how much would it hurt on teh street and would it even help that much off road as far as articulation?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

A search would have told you that.

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry but people at school said i would flip it

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Depends on how you drive. I drive slow, and take corners easy, so I plan on removing my rear one once spring gets here.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
sorry but people at school said i would flip it
Only if you do fast turns. These are not sports cars. They are 5500 pound bricks not meant to be real maneuverable. I have removed mine will no real effects.

Do a search and read on...

·
Registered
390 Posts
The rear one is more of a help with towing and such and is also a marketing gimmick. (oooh wee, we gut us a mach 3 turbinator on our trucks, only $599 extra.) Realistically most trucks do well without a sway bar in the rear. The front has a much bigger effect and you will notice more sway without it. However if you drive it easy until you are used to it, it's really not that bad. I have driven many vehicles without either swaybar and the bronco is much more stable than most.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeah I honestly forgot I pulled them when I did my lift until I went and read this thread....I might want to put the front on for peace of mind....but I really dont do much highway driving with it

·
Registered
78 Posts
I made some quick connects for mine (front and rear). Never drove it without them, but I like being able to swerve and not tip over. Some big stainless wingnuts to replace the nuts on the back one, and some stainless clevis pins to replace two of the bolts on the front is all it took. Pull em out, and rotate up out of the way.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I removed the front, not the rear. this thing is a 7k lb brick, it aint a sports car, its a damn truck....drive it like that and you will never regret removing the gay bars, rides better and smoother without em

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I only noticed a little bit of extra body roll. No where near as much as an older jeep. Totally controllable. And I've hauled ass around turns and never felt like I was gonna roll it.

Of course thats me and my opinion.

Rides much better over gravel, potholes, washboards. I did get more drop out of my front axle and the rear works better too.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
kinda off topic but......... would removing the sway bars help the way my tires sit. they kinda bow out like //======\\ obviously not as bad. its very minimal

obviously since its a TTB with 35s it affects it. not sure if sway bars will help. does

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
kinda off topic but......... would removing the sway bars help the way my tires sit. they kinda bow out like //======\\ obviously not as bad. its very minimal
No

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts

obviously since its a TTB with 35s it affects it. not sure if sway bars will help. does
Adjustable camber/caster bushings and a good alignment will fix this

·
Registered
15 Posts
could anyone explain these camber/caster bushings? where they are pics if possible. I was told when i got an alignment done that i needed to buy these bushings when i crawled under the bronco i thought i seen what the guy was talking about and i think i have them. thanks Joe

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I made some quick connects for mine (front and rear). Never drove it without them, but I like being able to swerve and not tip over. Some big stainless wingnuts to replace the nuts on the back one, and some stainless clevis pins to replace two of the bolts on the front is all it took. Pull em out, and rotate up out of the way.
do u have any pics of such a set up?
I got a new project for this weekend!:chili:
i will take them off or maybe fab my own dissconnects

·
Registered
38 Posts
my rear sway bar recently got all of balance and it was driving my trucks all wobly down the road so i just ook it off and it fixed the problem but you need to take it easy around turn but you should be fine removing it

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
you should "ANTI" the anti sway bar. in other words take em off. live a little and if you dont like its what maybe a dozen bolts to put them back on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts