Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rear ended a dump truck on my way to school today. Crunched the rear passenger side 1/4 panel, smashed my rear side window but I think the fiberglass top held together.

I attempted to go around it as I was heading down a hill that was completely covered in ice, that didnt work too well. I hit the deeper (6-10") snow on the shoulder and the truck kicked sideways and hit the dump body. I'll get some pics later

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I rear ended a dump truck on my way to school today. Crunched the rear passenger side 1/4 panel, smashed my rear side window but I think the fiberglass top held together.

I attempted to go around it as I was heading down a hill that was completely covered in ice, that didnt work too well. I hit the deeper (6-10") snow on the shoulder and the truck kicked sideways and hit the dump body. I'll get some pics later
So you rear ended him with your rear end? Odd.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's pretty awesome.
It would be awesome if I could find a cheap top around here and just swap them. If this mess costs less than $100 I'll be real happy. I highly recommend the window tint. Considering it's 15 degrees and snowing having most of the window is better than none

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll trade you an E4OD and a top that's in one piece for your top and a ZF-5.
I have an E4OD in my garage that I cant get rid of. The ZF is probably my favorite part of the whole truck

·
Administrator
22,850 Posts
dont know what it would cost to ship but I have a spare window (that side) from my old top that I smashed...yours for shipping.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Damn, you got lucky!

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Damn, you got lucky!
That's what I was thinking...you easily coulda lost the whole top..! Now that would have been a cold ride.

·
Registered
904 Posts
did the same thing ****ing around in a t-100 during a blizzard we had around here except i hit a guardrail and didnt have a slider to protect the body. It was pretty sick, i managed to hang with a pretty high drift angle for a good 1/8th of a mile and then lost it...

I drive like a tool with a 4x2!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another victim of "I have a 4x4 I can drive like a tool in the snow". :goodfinge
I dont have 4-wheel drive. By the time I realized that I was barely going to fit it was too late. Luckily I was barely moving when I hit it

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Doesn't look all that bad. Until you can get a replacement window, like from generous Tim, you could just cover it in plastic and duct tape it.

By the way, your misfortune gives me joy. Not the fact that shit happens to you but the things that happen to you are usually so unusaul to say the least. At least you have people willing to help and you are at least capable of the repairs.

It could have been worse.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way, your misfortune gives me joy. Not the fact that shit happens to you but the things that happen to you are usually so unusaul to say the least. At least you have people willing to help and you are at least capable of the repairs.

It could have been worse.
It could have been a lot worse. I found a whole top with both windows in it for $50. I'll have it saturday the guy is going to deliver it too. I usually dont break the common stuff.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
It could have been a lot worse. I found a whole top with both windows in it for $50. I'll have it saturday the guy is going to deliver it too. I usually dont break the common stuff.
Wow! That is a very sweet score!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts